- Product Dimensions: 33 x 10.7 x 3.3 cm ; 381 g
- Item model number: AG1
- ASIN: B000HI3YWQ
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 6 September 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #7,54,880 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Alligator Onion and Vegetable Dicer
|Price:||1,898.37 FREE Delivery.|
|You Save:||5,700.63 (75%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Razor-sharp grid produces perfect dice cuts. Dices potatoes, celery, carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers as well as apples and other hard fruits ¿ and more
- Works in seconds ¿ no onion tears necessary
- Made of sturdy plastic with a stainless-steel dicing grid
- Dicer has its own cleaning device to clean food bits from the grid and is dish washer safe
- The Alligator fits about 1 whole onion (medium-sized)
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Style: Onion and Vegetable Dicer
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Alligator Original Onion Cutter/Dicer Razor-sharp grid produces perfect dice cuts. Dices potatoes, celery, carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers as well as apples and other hard fruits and more! Works in seconds and no onion tears necessary ! With two quick motions, the razor-sharp grid on this tool produces perfect dice cuts! Made of sturdy plastic with a stainless-steel dicing grid Dicer has its own cleaning device to clean food bits from the grid and is dish washer safe
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
ANOTHER UPDATE 01/10/2017: I have not needed to replace any parts on my dicer with collector (also known as AG5) but I noticed that some people were wondering where to get them. You cannot get replacement knife/blade grids unless you have the stainless steel version. BUT with both the plastic and stainless steel versions, you can get a replacement cleaning grid (#1055) or collector cup (#3074) directly from the company (search Alligator of Sweden, then click "Shop all Products", then sort by price low to high). Hope this helps!
Oh, I did end up buying the Progressive PL8 chopper for comparison purposes, and the Alligator is so much better than the PL8 for dicing onions. So I am still loving my Alligator and bought the add-on AG8 add-on piece so I can now do a 1/2-inch chop in addition to the 1/4-inch dice.
UPDATE: It's been three years and this is still performing well. It is strong. The blades are not quite as sharp as three years ago but I still get get a beautifully diced onion. It saves us a lot of time in the kitchen. We are loving it right now for getting a fine dice on summer quash, onions, and bell peppers for omelets. It can do mushrooms but not as well as other vegetables. Also used it on tomatoes for pico. The tip with tomatoes is to put a quartered tomato with its skin-side down of the bottom grid so the flesh is facing the blade and then slam it down fast. The juices from the tomatoes will run out, so put some paper towels down around it. In fact, I have been wondering if I should get one of these choppers from Progressive (like the PL8) to compare because sometime I really want a large bottom collector for when I do salsa.
Fanstastic for dicing onions, pineapple, strawberries, and bell pepper. For the best tips, watch the demo Alligator movies to learn how to use your forearm to aid in using this. Do NOT attempt to dice really big carrots or really hard fleshed produce!
UPDATE: Don't believe the videos - you can't chop those big hunks of peppers, onions, or whatevers - at least not very easily or without smashing them. I now just cut them up smaller to start with, make sure the "soft" side is facing the blades, and bang! it works great. It takes a little longer but I get great results. I am especially impressed with the way the little cubes of onions collect in the plastic holder and the uniform size.
I cut anything over a medium onion into fourths and you have to lay it correctly on the dicing blades or you'll end up with long pieces of onion, not diced. Most everything "fangled" has a learning curve tho.
Saves SO much time and if you use onions in a lot of recipes you can always chop a few up and refrigerate or even freeze them.
I use a quick, forceful motion to cut through the onion; doing it slowly seems to catch pieces in the blades.
I also make sure to remove the tough outer peel just under the orange skin.
It cleans up nicely with a dish brush; I don't see any point in putting it in the dishwasher which can often degrade plastic due to the high heat.
I dinged it one star because it should be large enough to put a medium size onion on it without have to cut it into pieces.
I rarely give 5 stars to anything tho. It has to have virtually no way to improve upon the product to garner 5 stars.