Top positive review
Definitely Worth it!
15 April 2019
- The screen is far better than the previous one that I owned(6th gen basic kindle).
- The screen contrast is very good. Fonts are more legible compared to the previous generation basic kindle
- The display is updated to E-Carta. This is good in terms of technology.
- The backlight is definitely a USP of this product. The light spread out evenly across the display panel. Even keeping backlight to 1 point is enough for most people for comfortable reading.
- Unlike in the US version, there is no Bluetooth support. Hence users may not be able to use audiobooks from audible. But this only a matter of software update that Amazon can enable the BT interface. Not sure when this might happen.
- They gave Rs.200 give e-book voucher on pre-order. They could have given 3 months kindle unlimited like in the US.
- I am skeptical about battery life. Need to use the device for a few more days to determine actual battery life.
- The difference of color of charging indicator LED is hard to tell when the device is charging or completely charged.
Price is fair in my opinion as kindle without special offers(with ads) is sold at $109 in the US which translates to INR7700/-. Expecting this for less price does not make any sense unless this is manufactured in India.