Running Coach is designed for the fitness enthusiasts to help them in their running regime. Running Coach is an Alexa skill that imparts tips and trivia for the runners. These tips are formulated by Akash Korgoankar, an Ironman triathlete and a professional fitness coach. The popularity of running has increased in the recent years, with a number of marathons being organised in different parts of the country. Runners, both – beginners and professionals need a constant guidance to override their own performances.
Running Coach plays out professional tips for both beginners and pro runners, to help them improve their overall health and performance.
The content of Running Coach has been categorised into – diet tips, practice tips, running tips, how to avoid injury, and how to recover.
Running Coach can be accessed in English.
To enable Running Coach, follow the steps below:
1. Say, “Alexa, open Running Coach”. Alexa will greet you with a welcome message and ask for your level preference – beginners, or long marathon runners or professional runners.
2. Say, “Beginners”, or “Long Marathon Runners” or “Professional Runners”. Alexa will read out the 5 categories and ask which one you would want to listen.
3. Select a category. Alexa will play a tip from the selected category for the selected level. After that Alexa will ask if you want to hear more.
4. Reply with “Yes” to listen to more such tips.
Note: You can switch categories or experience level after a message, or you can listen to a different tip from a same category for different level.
5. Reply with “No” to stop listening to more tips from Running Coach. Alexa will stop with a leaving message.
Some tips to inspire the runner in you:
1. If you are a beginner, target to train for 45 days at least, before you hit a 5 to10 kilometrr run. 2. After a long run, ice your thigh and calf muscles. 3. Don't stick to a fixed diet everyday. Keep rotating your diet. 4. Avoid running in extreme heat, cold or humid climate. 5. Don't get used to one terrain for running. Keep changing your terrains at regualr intervals.