- Reading level: 1 - 5 years
- Paperback: 40 pages
- Publisher: Random House (2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781783443857
- ISBN-13: 978-1783443857
- ASIN: 1783443855
- Product Dimensions: 28 x 0.5 x 21.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #91,254 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹ 75.00 Delivery charge
The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend Paperback – 2016
Traditional Stories for ChildrenBrowse through an exclusive collection of books that satiate extra inquisitive minds and curiosity of children. Shop now
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): 10% Instant Discount on IndusInd bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on Yes bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"A sweet, mind-bending gumdrop of a tale" (New York Times)
"Bursting at the seams with charm" (Huffington Post)
"Charming" (Guardian, The Best New Children's Books)
"A feel-good tale about friendship, childhood and finding your place in the world" (Fiona Noble The Bookseller)
"A wonderful book about friendship, imagination and courage... This is a book to treasure, and its enduring message about friendship will not date." (Books for Keeps)
About the Author
Dan Santat is a New York Times best-selling author and illustrator. His picture book, The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend, won the 2015 Caldecott Medal for distinguished illustration. He also wrote The Guild of Geniuses and created the Disney Channel animated series The Replacements. He lives in Southern California with his wife, two children and various pets.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
But therein may lie a caveat of this book: it feels almost like a picture book meant for adults who want to reflect about childhood, rather than for children. Another reviewer complained that it didn't hold her child's attention, I think that may be true for many children because without noticing or understanding all the subtle connections between the imaginary world and the real one, the book can seem rather boring and slow. Surprisingly, my 8-year-old picked up on most of them herself, some children may delight in those discoveries with adults' help, yet others may be too young to appreciate them. Thus the 4 stars: I think this book will either be a quiet hit, or a disappointment due to the lack of an exciting storyline.
This book deserves every award.
As an added bonus, there is a stress toy, based on an alien from Doctor Who that bears a striking resemblance to Beekle. I have taped a paper crown onto its head, and when children are experiencing frustration, or need a reminder that there is always a friend waiting for them, they give "Beekle" a squeeze. Link Below.
Doctor Who Adipose Stress Toy
My kids are 6. They LOVE Beekle. We read it almost every night. They love the amazing story and the beyond beautiful illustrations, but their favorite part is to pick out the pieces of the story that aren't told in the words; just in the pictures. It lets them take an active role in the storytelling. This would be especially great for kids even younger who haven't started to read yet, as they can still participate in the development of the story, even if mom or dad does the reading.
I can't recommend this book enough!