- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: Modern Library; Abridged edition edition (14 February 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0812977440
- ISBN-13: 978-0812977448
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 3 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #3,24,485 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Adventures of Amir Hamza: Special abridged edition (Modern Library Classics) Paperback – Abridged, Special Edition
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (2): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“The Iliad and Odyssey of medieval Persia, a rollicking, magic-filled heroic saga . . . in an interpretation so fluent that it is a pleasure to sit down and lose oneself in it.”—The New York Times Book Review
“A marvelous dovetailing of fantasy, history and religion . . . filled with lyrical resonance . . . [Readers] will love losing themselves in this complex yet ancient world of the imagination.”—The Washington Post Book World
“It’s hard to think of an epic more dazzlingly splendid. . . . Farooqi has given world literature a gift.”—Time
“It is a testament to the quality of Farooqi’s rendering of the text into English that he both conveys a sense of the art of the ‘sweetlipped historians’ and ‘nimble scribes of fancy,’ and produces a real page-turner.”—The Times Literary Supplement
“[A] revelatory translation of a masterpiece of world literature . . . unequivocally an amazing piece of publishing history.”—The Buffalo News
About the Author
Ghalib Lakhnavi was a writer and poet who worked in India in the nineteenth century. His only known work is the one-volume Dastan-e Amir Hamza (1855).
Abdullah Bilgrami taught Arabic in Kanpur, India. His only known work besides his enlargement of Ghalib Lakhnavi’s Dastan-e Amir Hamza (1871) is a leaflet on the game of chess written in 1882.
Musharraf Ali Farooqi has translated the magical fantasy epic Hoshruba and works of the contemporary Urdu poet Afzal Ahmed Syed. He is currently working on the Urdu Project, an online resource for the study of Urdu language and literature.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
After reading this I do plan to get hold of Hoshruba as well for my kindle and share it with my family youth.
Good job Mr. Farooqi, and many thanks!