- Item Weight: 422 g
- Item part number: Cooling fan
- ASIN: B01F5AKSQU
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 4 May 2016
- Average Customer Review: 291 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,777 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Absales Hb-168. 2.5W Portable Laptop and PC USB Cooler (Multicolour)
|Price:||265.00 FREE Delivery on orders over ₹499.00.Details|
|You Save:||234.00 (47%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you're a seller, you can improve your sales by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Brand Name:Absales
- Portable Laptop/Pc Usb Cooler Cooling Fan
- Durable Soft Fan Blades
|Need help buying?|
Check out the Fans buying guide
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Pitch angle can be adjusted upwards or downwards with key switch. USB Powered, no external power required. Plug and play, easy install and remove. Durable soft fan blades for more speed . Super mute. Air driven comfort, suitable to use for all seasons. Notebook and PC cooling fan may be taking.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Raptas Mini Fan & Portable Dual Bladeless Small Water Air Cooler Powered by USB & Battery
Webelkart Portable Usb Fragrance Dual Bladeless Air Conditioner Cooling Fan - Assorted Color
Sethi Traders USB And Battery Powered Mini Portable Dual Blower Desk Table Plastic Air Cooler Fan In White and Purple Color
Prime Ecom Mini Portable Usb Rechargeable 3-Mode Fan(Black)
Dewberries Mini Fan & Portable Dual Bladeless Small Air Conditioner Water Air Cooler Powered by USB & Battery Use of Car/Home/Office
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||65.00||FREE Shipping||50.00||FREE Shipping||100.00|
|Sold By||Dreamskart||Quims||Dreamskart||Sethi Traders||Cpixen®||STAR-INDIA|
|Colour||—||—||Assorted||Purple||Colours May Vary||Multi|
|Model Number||—||Mini Fan||WCAIRCOOLER||—||—||—|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
With this generic Squirrel cage fan, the only aspect every buyer seems to concentrate upon is the “Fan Power” and the “Cooling Power”. I don't blame them. What else do you expect when claim is that this is a “Mini Fragrance Air Conditioner Cooling Fan”. The name Air Conditioner is the root to the wrong impression and expectations of the buyer.
1. First and foremost, a name commensurate to the product is a big asset for it to sell. Unlike the name, the term “Air Conditioner” is not limited to just cooling of air, which we associate with on hearing the term. Technically speaking, “aromamizing” the air is also a kind of air conditioning. The word “Mini” and the cost should have been the give away. It will be like fooling oneself if one begins to believe that a 5/- coin will turn into a 50/- coin when viewed under a lens. That can never happen. (I'll give 3/5 rating for this)
2. The next give away is in the size. For all who have no idea about the numbers given for the dimensions of the product, the overall size of the product is approximately the same size of a small card board box containing tinned gulab jamuns or rasgullas available in Mother Dairy booths or in provision stores. I have so far not seen a compressor and evaporation/ condensation cooling unit this small and in this price range. (I'll give 3/5 rating on size)
3. This is essentially an effective “MINI” Squirrel Cage Fan unit (considering the size) which runs on a toy motor.., may be a little better brushed toy motor, like the ones used in hair driers. A bush-less motor instead, though costlier, would have been wonderful (I'll give 3/5 rating for effectiveness and quality of parts used)
4. Unfortunately, brushed toy motors don't last long, so, longevity may not be expected out of the product. I once tried using a hair drier as a blower to clean the feeding bowls of my feathered friend. I used to run the blower for about a couple of minutes at a stretch for about half an hour a day. The motor brushes had worn themselves out in less than a week. I've however used this fan at a stretch for over 6 hours with out any change in speed or sound... (I'll give 3/5 for the motor)
5. Sound: The sound emnating is dependent on the speed at which the motor rotates. At low speeds ie at 5v/ 500mA power the noise is barely perceivable in a quiet ambiance. The motor when running faster at 5v/ 1Amp, produces negligible yet non-distracting hum akin to a refrigerator compressor. Running the gadget at non recommended higher voltage produces rattling noise. (I'll give 4/5 on the aspect of sound/ noise)
6. Though, I'm sure the motor of this fan will last longer, however, since the general tendency is to run fans for long hours, which if done in this case, I'm sure sooner than later will result in a failure of the product. (I'll give 3/5 for longevity)
7. Operation: Operating the gadget is not at all complicated. The device can be switched on or off with the help of a sliding switch conveniently placed on the front panel of the device. (I'll give 4/5 for ease of use)
8. One needs to connect it to any DC voltage source capable of supplying 4.5 to 6v DC. A phone charger capable of supplying 5v @ 1amp is just fine, but, @500ma as suggested by the manufacturers is not only just not powerful enough to generate the kind of breeze expected, but, will also result in being fried soon. A matching electrical adapter is not included with the product. (I'll give 0/5 for not providing power supply adapter)The gadget has a builtin battery enclosure supporting 3 AA, pencil cells for battery use. Its a shame manufacturers suggest using of AA pencil cells as battery backup power. Ordinary Pencil Cells do not last long. The way around to address the issue is to use rechargeable cells or supply the unit externally with 5v/ 1 Amp regulated DC derived from a 6v SMF rechargeable lead acid battery, which will last longer than the pencils.... but then there are issues of keeping the battery charged and getting hold of a 5v regulator..... the price just shoots up. (I'll give 2/5 for the battery backup option)
9. The principle adopted in cooling the air is by hydrating dry air by sucking it over a length of water surface in a trough containing water. Now that was theory, practically Does it cool? The answer is NO and YES. NO because the cooling it does is not to the extent of what is generally perceived as “cool” by the mind. YES because, technically and practically speaking it cools the air. The squirrel Cage fans primarily sucks in air at ambient temperature through the meshed (read slitted) circular plate on left the side of the unit. There are slits also in the base of the squirrel cage, below which there is a tray for small ice cubes, small ice bag or cold water. When air is sucked over this cool trough, it cools down and is sucked in to the squirrel cage from these slits before being propelled out of the vents for a distance little more than an arms length away. The coolness of the breeze can be distinctly perceived. One can also make use of hydrated the gel balls provided for cooling and fragrance propulsion. (because it does what it is supposed to do, I'll give 4/5 for performance)
10. There is a risk of water splashing off from the trough if the gadget is not properly placed on a flat level surface. A way to get around the issue is by placing a nearly fully saturated wet sponge in the tray. The moistness remains for almost 5 hours at a stretch before drying out. This helps in generating a cool breeze... NOT COLD breeze. (I'll give 3/5 on this count)
11. The squirrel cage can be easily rotated up and down almost 70 degrees So one just needs to lower or raise the vents of the squirrel cage in order to adjust the direction of air flow from the arms to the face. (I'll give 4/5 on this count)
12. The overall build is of robust plastics of attractive color combination giving it a cool attractive appearance on the desktop. (I'll give 5/5 on the aesthetics and looks)
13. When it comes to ergometrics, its easy to handle, light weight, yet, stable on the base... (5/5 on these counts)
14. Where can these fans be used? These fans can be used as “personal” cooling devices at spaces with poor air flow... places where in despite air conditioning, there is poor air flow... such as, corners in a room, study tables, cash counters, work tops, small bird coops, cars etc etc (I'll give 4/5 on usability)
15. Pricing is also an important factor...Talking about the price, its well priced... this is a reason to add 4 more points to the total tally,
Based on what I found inside the gadget, this gadget scores 50/75 points, roughly 67% which translates to 3.33 out of 5 stars.
I wouldn't mind buying another fan like this, but, with a the inclusions and modifications as I have discussed here in.