- 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions on orders above Rs. 8000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get flat Rs.25 back using Amazon Pay UPI on minimum spends of INR 75. Applicable only once per customer. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Aadhaar: A Biometric History of India’s 12-Digit Revolution Hardcover – 21 Jul 2017
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
‘A must read for those who would be interested in the dramatization of contemporary history.’ - The Statesman
‘Aiyar provides a fascinating backstory to the Aadhaar project … [and] points the way forward by addressing some of the concerns that the enterprise must address at an institutional level.’ - Business Line
‘A gripping and breezy read … each and every minute detail of what, who, when, why and how has been answered in the book.’ - The Financial Express
About the Author
Shankkar Aiyar is a prominent India-based political economy analyst, columnist and author.
His path-breaking book Accidental India fetched him acclaim as a public intellectual. A journalist for over three decades, Aiyar has covered every parliamentary election since 1984. His 1991 scoop on India pledging its gold reserves drew world attention to the crisis in the economy which consequently compelled liberalisation. Aiyar has analysed every Budget since liberalization.
As a columnist Aiyar specializes in the interface of politics and economics. He has authored a study on India’s socio-economic fault lines and its hundred worst districts. His investigation on twenty-five years of political corruption is part of an anthology. He has been a Wolfson Chevening Fellow at Cambridge University where he studied the lifecycles of emerging economies. Aiyar is a Visiting Fellow at the IDFC Institute.
He is currently working on his third book and policy research on evolving demographics and implications for the next economy.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-8 of 35 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The State Election Commissions are independent of the ECI and not subordinate to it.