APC BE700Y-IND 420-watt Back UPS (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 700VA or 390 watts
- 3 battery backed cum surge protected sockets, one surge only socket
- Safely-shutdown your PC when battery runs out
- Surge protection on all sockets
- Built in AVR to ensure battery is conserved even during low or high voltage conditions
- Very simple LED interface with audio alarms
- User resetallable thermal cutoff for overload protection
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Back-UPS battery backup offers guaranteed power and surge protection for wireless networks, computers, gaming consoles and other electronics in your home or business. Models supply battery backup during outages and unsafe voltage fluctuations, as well as provide protection from damaging surges and spikes. They’re available in 'tower' or 'floor' styles, and together with a variety of standard features, they are the perfect choice to protect your data and keep you connected.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: Rating change to 5 star.
Search for "PowerChute Personal Edition" from apc website. I am using Version 3.1.0 for Windows 10.
Connect ur ups with the cable provided and you can see all sorts of details.
1. if the UPS runs low on battery it sends the signal to your computer to hibernate which you can Abort as well. In my case it tells my laptop to hibernate which I abort.
2. Also the software shows for how much duration can it keep running the current load. In my case a router is only plugged in and it shows that backup time is of 111 minutes, which is pretty close, as my ups lasts for 2 hrs or 120 minutes.
3. Also you can set it up as to when the ups should come online if the voltage goes above or below certain voltage specification from the software installed.
4. You can mute the beeping sound. Which is really very very annoying and once the ups is really running low it starts beeping madly.
5. Lastly, if you understand how batteries work, then you would know that batteries never like to be completely drained off. Most of the ups drain off their batteries completely. However, here with the software you can choose that there is 5 percent of battery reserved by the ups but this is not the default setting, so you can change it with the use of the software. It will give marginally less backup however your ups battery will last long for months.
6. And then there is also a Run self test option, which does some self test.
So yes this ups is a ton better with the software from apc. And do not forget to connect the cable to control and configure the ups and once done the cable can be disconnected and it retains the settings you have done.
A total value for money if you know what you are doing.
Hit like or helpful if you find the info helpful.
only thing bothered me was getting the software for this. Office link do not work. need to get it from third party.
Will update the performance issue if any in future.
Complaint given to the Amazon
They are not monitoring on this bad experience
Turns out the problem was on their end. Since the unit was under warranty (I had just purchased it) they solved the problem and had the unit replaced. This product replacement issue was a bit of a hassle and I was unable to use my computer for another month. However, they did fix things free of charge, so I'm happy about their service.
Coming to the device performance: it's pretty good. I recommend this one because most of the other UPS's are pathetic and won't last 5 minutes. Other options maybe cheaper but they will most likely die after a few months of use. I've been using this APC one for well over a year now and I'm unable to find a better alternative to this device. The additional wattage comes in handy especially if you have a demanding system. It keeps your PC running long enough to save your work (or you game) and safely quit.
I am not going to buy any item of weight 1kg+ from amazon anymore and especially Appario. The delhivery folks are like scamsters who replace original product with refurbished/damaged ones. This was 2nd heavy item in 12 months that I returned.