- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: RHUS; Reprint edition (19 October 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780385491747
- ISBN-13: 978-0385491747
- ASIN: 0385491743
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 1.8 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 56 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,225 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less Paperback – 19 Oct 1999
There is a newer edition of this item:
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (4): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get offers for up to ₹1375 cashback on MakeMyTrip, Redbus, UrbanClap, Faasos & 1Mg. Shop on Amazon between 19th Apr to 30th Apr 2019 to become eligible for the offer. T&C apply Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From The 80/20 Principle:
"The 80/20 Principle can and should be used by every intelligent person in their daily life...It can multiply the profitability of corporations and the effectiveness of any organization. It even holds the key to raising the quality and quantity of public services while cutting their cost... The 80/20 Principle asserts that a minority of causes, inputs, or effort usually lead to a majority of the results, outputs, or rewards. Taken literally, for example, 80 percent of what you achieve in your job comes from 20 percent of the time spent. Thus for all practical purposes, four fifths of the effort--a dominant part of it--is largely irrelevant."
To learn how you can tap the hidden potential of the 80/20 principle in your life, read Richard Koch's exciting new book.
From the Inside Flap
an be more effective with less effort by learning how to identify and leverage the 80/20 principle--the well-known, unpublicized secret that 80 percent of all our results in business and in life stem from a mere 20 percent of our efforts.
The 80/20 principle is one of the great secrets of highly effective people and organizations.
Did you know, for example, that 20 percent of customers account for 80 percent of revenues? That 20 percent of our time accounts for 80 percent of the work we accomplish? The 80/20 Principle shows how we can achieve much more with much less effort, time, and resources, simply by identifying and focusing our efforts on the 20 percent that really counts. Although the 80/20 principle has long influenced today's business world, author Richard Koch reveals how the principle works and shows how we can use it in a systematic and practical way to vastly increase our effectiveness, and improve our careers and our companies.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
56 customer reviews
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch
The minority, 20% of causes, inputs, or effort usually leads to a majority, 80% of the results.
2. 20% of choices.
The ones that have a massive impact.
Eg. You probably can recall a few critical turning points in your life that brought you to your current self.
3. 20% of efforts.
Find the critical efforts that lead to the majority of results.
Eg. Many ventures often times rely on a few key missions to succeed.
4. Conduct an 80/20 analysis. Find out what you can optimise. To maximise your effectiveness, focus only on what matters most.
5. So, what you can do about it? “Eliminate or reduce the 80% of efforts that produce poor results, there are many ways to waste your time and resources.”
Bonus point- 20% of People cause 80% of problems in our lives.
And, 20% of people are the reason for 80% of our happiness.
I should have given a 4 star for the 95% redundant content.
The vital few i.e 20% of aspects gives 80% of results. Identify those 20% in business or personal life and increase your allocation of time and effort on those vital few by eliminating less important things.
It took me lot of effort to read and understand part one that is entirely of business applications of Pareto law in sales,inventory ,negotiation, focussing on few and right customers.
What I like the most about Richard Koch and this book is after every chapter he tells about upcoming chapter and to skip the chapter based on purpose of your reading.
If you are a business person or going to start one then you should read everything but if you doesn't belong, then you should definitely skip part one entirely to save some time and have peace of mind.
Although it has it's drawback
Not all things or actions or products which are not importantor doesn't add any value can be avoided or eliminated