Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-339–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of planning, configuring, and managing Microsoft SharePoint 2016 core technologies in datacenters, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments. Designed for experienced IT pros ready to advance their status, this Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSE level.
Focus on the skills measured on the exam:
• Design SharePoint infrastructure
• Plan authentication and security
• Plan workload optimization
• Plan productivity solutions
• Manage search capabilities
• Plan and configure cloud services
• Monitor and optimize a SharePoint environment
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
• Organizes its coverage by the “Skills measured” posted on the exam webpage
• Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you
• Provides exam preparation tips
• Points to in-depth material by topic for exam candidates needing additional review
• Assumes experience planning and maintaining SharePoint and related core technologies, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or later, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services
About the Author
TROY LANPHIER, MCTS, MCITP, MCP, MCSE, and Managing Consultant for Catapult Systems, is a senior-level IT professional with extensive infrastructure, architecture, and design experience. As a long-standing member of the computer geek community, he has been hooked on computers since 1980, when his father brought home a brand new TRS-80 microcomputer (and the all-important TRS-80 computer cassette recorder for storing bits of BASIC language code).
Troy has been involved in enterprise server infrastructure design since the mid-1990s, when Banyan VINES, DEC Alpha, Novell Netware, SGI Indy, and Windows NT 3.1 servers roamed the IT world. Since the early 2000s, he has been training, working on, or writing about Windows server technologies, including the Microsoft SharePoint family of technologies (since the 2003 beta).
When he’s not working on (or writing about) SharePoint, Troy enjoys spending time restoring vintage cars and motorcycles, playing video games with his daughters Samantha and Katherine, browsing antiques with his wife Marlene, and collecting Hot Wheels and Star Wars memorabilia.