4-Quart : Cuisinart PSC-400 Stainless Steel 4-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Programmable slow cooker with removable round-shaped ceramic cooking pot
- Simmer, low, and high modes; 24-hour programmable cook time; auto keep-warm; cord storage
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; glass lid with stainless-steel rim; cool-touch chrome-plated handles
- Includes cooking rack, recipe book, and instruction book; dishwasher-safe lid and ceramic pot
- 3-Year limited warranty
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Size:4-Quart Programmable technology makes homemade meals easier than ever! This Cuisinart Slow Cooker features a 24-hour programmable countdown timer, three cooking modes- and it automatically shifts to warm when it's done cooking! Whether preparing one-pot entrees, sides, or desserts, operation is easy. Meals can be served in the ceramic pot they're cooked in, and cleanup is easy with the dishwasher-safe lid and ceramic pot. Designed for today's busy lifestyles, all the work is done ahead of time. Dinnertime is as relaxing for the cook as it is for the diners. Enjoy!
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
There's a lot to like about this one. Nice brushed stainless steel exterior, roomy pot, sturdy carry handles, fine control of the time and temperature. Also a unique "simmer" setting that's a bit lower than "low". Not bad.
Here's the part where I can't recommend it though:
1) I had a cook going overnight and it turned itself completely off for no apparent reason. Cold food in the morning doesn't make me happy.
2) My potatoes and beans remained uncooked after 8 hours, because this cooker only hits 88C after 5 hours on HIGH. It never approaches boiling. This is contrary to what the Cuisinart manual says it should, which, yes, I did in fact read:
High = 212 F (100C), Low = 200 F (93C), Simmer = 185 F (85C), Keep Warm = 165 F (74C)
See the picture I attached, where I meticulously measured every 10 minutes how quickly it was able to bring 5 quarts of water up to temp. After 5 hours it leveled off and stayed there. Perhaps if the type of food you're cooking is good with that temp, it would work, but not most.
As to power usage, on high it uses 288 W until it hits 88C, then it idles at 3.5W and cycles the heater between on/off to keep the temp. It also seems to suck that 3.5 W regardless of whether it is cooking anything - just being plugged in.
I really had high hopes for it, but if it doesn't cook properly, it's worthless to me and I returned it. Still searching for that perfect slow cooker...
I made my first Kahlua pork and it came out wonderfully.
I eat a Ketogenic diet for many reasons and with this I can cook my fatty meats to perfection and not waste any of it as the meat just slides off the bone!