- Product Dimensions: 33 x 21 x 0.2 cm ; 9.07 g
- Item model number: Filtrete
- ASIN: B06XY536LF
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 1 January 2017
- Average Customer Review: 213 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#41 in Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Home Improvement)
- #2 in Parts & Accessories
3M Anti Pollution Filter for converting AC into air Purifier (White, 2 Pieces)
|Price:||399.00 FREE Delivery on orders over ₹499.00.Details|
|You Save:||51.00 (11%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
- Captures PM2.5 like household dust, smoke, chemicals, exhausts, pet dander
- Proven to capture 83% PM2.5 from indoor air in just one hour of use
- Made with very delicate non-woven fiber composed of ~90% air, only ~10% fiber to ensure least effect on air flow and electrostatic charge on surface to pull unwanted particles from the air
- Designed to cover around 80% surface of existing mesh of most models of ACs (to balance air flow and PM2.5 capture rate) – you may cut it smaller as per your AC size if you feel it is reducing air flow by large extent
- Replace when the filter turns black for best results
- Material: Non-Woven Fiber, Color: White
- Item Dimension: 330mm x 210mm x 2mm
- Removes PM 2.5 pollutants & Turns AC into air purifier
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (1): Subscribe & Save: Flat 10% off when you subscribe to 3 or more products. T&C apply Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Style: Pack of 1
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
3M electrostatic air conditioner filters are designed to compliment the existing filtering screen of your wall mounted air conditioners to enable it to remove PM2.5 and other micro particle pollutants from the air inside your home so you can clean your air while you cool it.
From the manufacturer
3M Electrostatic Air Conditioner Filters
3M Electrostatic Air Conditioner Filters are designed to complement the existing filtering screen of your wall mounted air conditioners to enable it to remove PM2.5 and other Micro-Particle pollutants from the air inside your home so you can clean your air while you cool it.
Benefits: Delivers Cleaner Air.
- Removes 83% of PM2.5 and Micro-Particle content from indoor air within an hour of application
- Purifies the air in your room
- Easy & quick do-it-yourself application
- Affordable way to purify indoor air
How to Use
- Open the front cover of your wall mounted AC. Remove and clean the existing filtering screen
- Place the 3M filters vertically onto the center of the screens allowing gaps on each side
Use the double-faced adhesive tape to attach the top of the filter to the screen and fold the bottom behind the screen.
Install the screen with 3M filters back into the air conditioner.
It is designed to cover about 80% surface of the existing filtering screen for optimal air flow.
- Designed with Filtrete Brand 3-in-1 technology from 3M to pull in and trap unwanted air particles while letting clean air flow through
- The filter is designed to complement the existing filtering screen of your split air conditioners, covering about 80% surface of the existing filtering screen for optimal air flow
- Captures large particles like smog, dust mites, pollen, road dust, human skin/hair and pet dander
- Captures Micro Particles like PM2.5 (Particulate Matter of diameter <2.5μm), household dust, smoke particles, vehicular exhausts, industrial exhausts
Q) How is indoor air quality worse than outdoor air quality?
Indoor pollution sources that release gases or particles into the air are the primary cause of indoor air quality problems in homes. Inadequate ventilation can increase indoor pollutant levels by not bringing in enough outdoor air to dilute emissions from indoor sources and by not carrying indoor air pollutants out of the home. High temperature and humidity levels can also increase concentrations of some pollutants.
Q) How often should I change my 3M Air Conditioner Filter?
For maximum effectiveness, we recommend you apply a new filter every three months. However, the life of the filter can depend on the individual condition of air quality in your home. You can assess physical state of the filter before you decide to change.
Q) Breathing clean healthier air indoors will make me more vulnerable to diseases or reduce my immunity when I breathe the outside polluted air?
Actually, it is the average exposure during the day that is most important for your health. The World Health Organization defines their guidelines for air pollution levels based on the 24-hour average value. By breathing clean healthier air inside, you reduce your daily average exposure level and do the best to protect your health.
Q) Do the 3M Air Conditioner Filters come with the recommendation of any established health organization?
The American Lung Association is the Health Partner of 3M Air Conditioner Filters. The American Lung Association engages with corporate partners like 3M and the Filtrete Brand to achieve its mission of saving lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
Q) Why does the 3M Air Conditioner Filter not cover the entire surface of the existing mesh screen in my AC? Will it not filter all the air?
For the optimal filtration and airflow performance, we target a filter coverage on the mesh of 60% - 80%. The 3M Air Conditioner Filters are designed with electrostatic technology from 3M to pull in and trap unwanted air particles. Moreover, the air conditioner circulates the air in the room multiple times, and in the process 83% PM2.5 gets removed within first hour of use.
Q) Is 3M Air Conditioner Filter washable?
Washing the filter will reduce the effectiveness of the filter and, is not recommended.
Q) Does 3M Air Conditioner Filter remove odors?
No. But in the case of activities involving combustion, removing smoke particles can help reduce the odor.
Q) Will 3M Air Conditioner Filter eliminate the need for dusting?
3M Air Conditioner Filter may reduce the need for dusting, but won't eliminate it. Atmospheric dust consists of a wide variety of particulates ranging in size from 0.001 micron to a relatively large 100 microns. Because of the weight of the large particles, they will settle on your furniture long before they could reach your filter.
Q) How does 3M Air Conditioner Filter compare with electronic air purifiers?
The efficiency of 3M Air Conditioner Filter approaches that of the top-of-the-line electronic air cleaners. Some tests indicate that in the large particle size range (1.0-10 microns), 3M Air Conditioner Filters are more effective. Price is a factor, too. Top electronic units cost INR10,000 – INR20,000, require maintenance in terms of filter change and also have a running electricity cost associated with them. 3M filters cost a fraction of this price, and generally only need attention every three months.
Customers who bought this item also bought
213 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The material of the filter is thick. It has perforations within centimetres across its stretch and has threads woven across to capture the smallest dirt particles, which implies lesser air flow through it(the mesh itself). As the description says, the length of the material is not enough to capture the entire filter and hence the side-areas of the original ac filter are left uncovered. First - The claim of 80% clean Air within the first hour doesn't work. Second - the dust on the side-filters eventually enters the air atmosphere and spoils air-quality. In comparison, I tried to cover the entire ac filter with another cloth and had much lesser dust floating around and much lesser nasal problems while breathing.
I would recommend 3M to reduce thickness of the filter with more uneven perforations and increased length to cover the entire filter. That'd be a great design and would really be helpful in capturing all dust in one go. never killed to have a washable material either. consumers like that.
only negative point is that its too expensive and should have been priced at leas than Rs 250 . !!3M Electrostatic Air Purifying Filter for Split ACs (White - 2 pcs), Removes PM 2.5 pollutants & Turns AC into air purifier
I have been using it regularly for 3 months on AC filter and Air Purifier filter to enhance the filter life.
>> The 3M Filter acts as the first layer of filtration process and block all the dust from entering the Air Purifier filter.
It will enhance the life of your air purifier filter life drastically.
>> Simply cut the filter as per the filter size of your Air Purifier and stick it using the tapes provided in the package.
>> You can see the picture attached of the 3M filter installed in my Air Purifier it has turned black and blocked a lot of dust in 20 days. You will be shocked to see the amount of dust it catches within 15-30 days.
>> Depending on the amount of dust in your area, you will need to replace this filter every 20 - 45 days.
>> Installed on AC filter also to protect from dust. Works very well with AC too.
>> Superb product for additional filtration
I shudder to think what we are breathing in :(
The reason for 1 less star is this wont last long with this kind of pollution which probably will need replacing every 2 weeks (I guess). Also, since the AC can no longer be used in the winter months, I no longer have the benefit of this filtration.