TCL 139.7 cm (55 inches) L55P1US 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Ultra HD (Resolution: 3840 x 2160), Refresh rate: 60 Hertz
- Connectivity ports: 3 HDMI, 2 USB
- Audio: 8 W x 2 output
- Special Features: Cinema Mode, Sports Mode, Multiple language display, Dolby Digital Plus Speaker, MHL and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Warranty Information: 18 months (1.5 years) provided by the manufacturer from the date of purchase
- Amazon will raise an installation/wall mounting/demo request on your behalf within 24 hours of delivery. In case you do not get a confirmation call from brand within this time,please call TCL support on 1800-419-0622. The brand service center engineer will carry the wall mount at the time of installation to your location
- Easy Returns: This product is eligible for full refund within 10 days of delivery in case of any product defects, damage or features not matching the description provided
Packaging may reveal contents and cannot be hidden.
There is a newer model of this item:
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Installation, Demo & Return policy
Installation (if applicable) & demo (if applicable) will be completed within 72 hours of delivery > learn more
Easy Returns: This product is eligible for full refund within 10 days of delivery in case of any product defects, damage or features not matching the description provided.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Description for TCL 139.7 cm (55 inches) L55P1US 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (Black)
Tech Magnifier: A 4K Ultra HD display has 4 times the amount of pixels to that on a Full HD TV. This definitely means better clarity in picture and sharp increase in the amount of details, but it is also subject to the content being played. 4K content is necessary to get the best out of the panel. Intellect Digest: Some other interesting features include Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation or MEMC and sports mode. Connectivity options include Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth, 2xUSB ports and 3x HDMI ports and Ethernet port. It also comes equipped with PVR Record and Playback features which record the program to the USB.
Review from dpreview.com
Tech Magnifier: A 4K Ultra HD display has 4 times the amount of pixels to that on a Full HD TV. This definitely means better clarity in picture and sharp increase in the amount of details, but it is also subject to the content being played. 4K content is necessary to get the best out of the panel.
Intellect Digest: Some other interesting features include Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation or MEMC and sports mode. Connectivity options include Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth, 2xUSB ports and 3x HDMI ports and Ethernet port. It also comes equipped with PVR Record and Playback features which record the program to the USB.
Zee News: Chinese global consumer electronics brand TCL Corp on Thursday launched a new 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV in India at Rs 48,990 and is available on Amazon.in.
Business Standard: The TCL 55-inch P1 comes with MS68A-AP processor, 1.5GB of RAM and has 8GB flash memory. The TV has a refresh rate of 60Hz, 178-degree viewing angle, 4000:1 contrast ratio and houses two USB and three HDMI ports.
ET Telecom: TCL has announced its new 55-inch 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV which is available in the Indian market in exclusive partnership with Amazon.in. The TCL UHD television reproduces details in all shades of light, via 3840 x 2160 pixels.
Compare to similar items
TCL 123 cm (49 inches) L49P10FS Full HD LED Smart TV
TCL 109.3 cm (43 inches) L43P2US 4K UHD LED Smart TV (Golden)
Panasonic 147 cm (58 inches) TH-58D300DX Full HD LED TV
TCL 81.28 cm (32 inches) L32D2900 HD Ready LED TV (Black)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||R K AGENCIE||R K AGENCIE||ModernStores2017||PentaGram|
|Display Resolution Max||4k||1080p||4k||1920 x 1080||720p|
|Display Size||55 inches||49 inches||43 inches||58 inches||32 inches|
|Item Weight||19 kg||15 kg||7.2 kg||23.25 kg||6 kg|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160p||1920 x 1080||3840 x 2160||1920 x 1080||1366 x 766p|
|Total HDMI Ports||3||3||2||3||2|
|Total USB Ports||2||2||2||2||2|
|Wattage||130 watts||110 watts||—||—||45 watts|
From the manufacturer
The Ultra Visual Experience
TCL UHD televisions reproduce stunning details, all shades of light and natural colours for a truly immersive viewing experience, via 3840x2160 pixels (4x the numbers of pixels on Full HD TVs).
Strong Hardware Inside
- CPU: 64bit Quad Core (A53 x 2 + Neon x2) - up to 1.5GHz
- GPU: Six Core (PPU MALI450M x 4 + VPU x 2) - up to 600MHz
Cortex-A53 is one of the most energy efficient and smallest 64-bit processors. The processor while being energy-efficient also delivers extraordinary performance comparable to a high-end smartphone. With the strong “2+2” CPU& “4+2”GPU chipset frame, P1 Series allows you to enjoy a faster and better smart world with great image experience.
PVR Record and Playback
Never worry about missing your favourite show again with the PVR record and playback which records the program to the USB. Record all your favorite programs, games and movies, to enjoy them at your leisure. Just connect through the USB, click the Menu-PVR-Start Record-Setting-switch left and right to set the time to record the program to a USB device.
Watch What the world Watches
Enjoy an exceptional streaming experience with popular TV shows and movie productions in their highest quality with GoLive, a global live HD online cloud service provider, for short buffering times with real-time updates.
All the Action in Every Frame
Fast is not fast enough with the motion estimation and motion compensation chip. The Mstar 64 bit MEMC chip is one of the best in the world, enhanced with TCL’s proprietary software algorithm, you can now experience every detail when viewing fast moving, action packed content.
All the Adrenaline Minus the Hassle
With the sports mode, immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the stadium and live the sport, with optimized images and sounds which allow you to enjoy the feeling of personally being at a sports stadium from the comfort of your living room.
A Powerhouse of Content
Discover a world of applications with the app store which provide a range of applications including video-on-demand, social, gaming, music and photo sharing that enables interaction between TV and mobile sets. Enjoy with upgraded functions like screen mirroring, built in Wi-Fi, app store and much more.
Catch your favourite shows right as they start with quick start, enjoy a super-fast experience with a start time of 6 seconds.
For your Memories on the Big Screen
The TCL nscreen application lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control. It’s simple: just connect your Smart TV to your smartphone or tablet by Wi-Fi and you’ll be able to share photos and videos to view on the superior TCL screen. View your phone's content on your big screen, relax, lean back and enjoy!
Multiple Multimedia Format
The latest ASIC system adopted by TCL, forms an umbrella of support for a plethora of audio and video formats including the latest coding system, from antenna to USB and various other input channels. Our TV supports MP3, WMA, Dolby AC3 and MPEG2, MPEG4 (H.264) video Coding.
Build-in Bluetooth technology, enables audio connection in two-way wireless transmission. Watch TV programs with a Bluetooth headset without disturbing your family members.
Amplified Audio Output
Experience sound with surround effect on the two channel speakers with TCL’s own developed sophisticated software algorithm for richer and more in depth sound. Enjoy the grandness of the theatre in your living room.
|Actual Screen Size||55"(139.7cm)||55"(139.7cm)||55"(139.7cm)||55"(139.7cm)|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160 UHD||3840 x 2160 UHD||3840 x 2160 UHD||3840 x 2160 UHD|
|Power Consumption||130 W||130 W||130 W||110 W|
|CPU||64bit Quad Core (A53 x 2 + Neon x2) - up to 1.5GHz||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|GPU||Six Core (PPU MALI450M x 4 + VPU x 2) - up to 600MHz||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Memory||ROM 8GB / RAM 1.5 GB||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Color Technology||True Color||Colour Brilliance||True Color||No|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
● The packing had good protection with multiple layers of paper cartons and themocol sheets. The box had the TV, desktop stands & screws, power cord, remote control & battery, installation guide and user manual
● The bezel is very thin and is black in colour. It has got a chrome border that is not very much visible from the front, but from the sides. A small TCL logo in white is printed on the bottom bezel at its center
● At the back, there are two bays where the connectivity ports are housed. The mains power socket is at the bottom right corner facing the left of the TV. There is also a physical control switch at the bottom right corner
● There are screw holes at the bottom to fix the desktop stand and wall-mount screw holes as well at the back
● The remote control is quite big and has lot of buttons
● The TV has got a premium looks and overall build quality is good
** Connectivity **
● I have mounted the TV on a stand using the wall-mount screws. The connectivity ports is not blocked by the mount frame
● The connectivity bay that faces backwards houses these ports
- Component video In & Audio In RCA ports to connect CD or DVD player
- Ethernet port to connect RJ45 cable for wired internet
- RCA Audio Out to connect to external stereo speakers in 2.0 or 2.1 format
- SPDIF Audio Out to plug optical cable for Dolby or DTS external speakers in 5.1 or 7.1 format
- Antenna In can be used to connect the aerial cable or the cable from Cable Network
- VGA female port can be used to connect laptop s
● The bay that can be accessed from the right side of the TV houses these ports
- Three HDMI ports. One each is HDMI MHL and HDMI ARC
- Two USB ports. One is USB2.0 and the other is USB3.0
● Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth
** Installation & Set Up **
● I have read a review that the warranty would be void if we self-intall the TV. The product description said I would recieve a call from TCL Service Center in 48 hours for the installation and demo. So after waiting for two days, I contacted Amazon. They confirmed that I could install the TV and warranty is not affected. I got an installation call from TCL the third morning and they told me to share the Serial No photograph via Whatsapp to register the product warranty since I have already installed it
● However in case you plan to wall-mount the TV, I advise to get it installed by TCL since they will bring in the wall-mount frame which comes free
● It is quite easy to set up the TV for the first time. When turned on, the TV will guide you through a series of steps where you configure your language, country, date & time, WiFi and complete the software updates, if any
** Usage & performance **
● The TV turns on with TCL logo in a poor animation. I am not a big fan of this and I cannot disable this in the Setttings
● The TV supports HDMI CEC. Connected devices, for eg. I have Chromecast, go into Standby mode when the TV source is changed and would turn on when came back. This helps to save internet charges in the case of Chromecast, may pause the playback incase of a Bluray player or to save electricity, etc.
● One of the HDMI ports is HDMI ARC. I have a Bluray/DVD player with a 5.1 speaker system (supporting HDMI ARC) connected to TV via this HDMI ARC port. Dolby sound from TV (from USB, Set Top Box or Chromecast or Youtube) are sent to the DVD Player for the 5.1 system via the same HDMI cable
● You can play music from devices on TV via Bluetooth. The volume cannot be controlled using TV remote, but only from the source device. I play music from my phone on TV which then sends the music via HDMI ARC cable to 5.1 speakers connected to DVD player. There is an option to turn the TV screen off while the music is being played. I really love this feature
● Long pressing Power button on TV brings up the Source selection menu.
● There is a dedicated Source button to change input. You don't need to go into the Settings each time. But, you then have to use the left-right navigation buttons to move between different sources. In my old Samsung TV, repeatedly pressing Source button toggled between all the available inputs. It was more convenient
● I use Airtel DTH and programmed the Airtel universal remote for the basic TV functions like Power On, Volume, Source, etc. So, I need the TV remote for advanced functions only
● The TV lets you pause or record TV channels being played. This feature is practically of no use for us since this feature can be used only for TV channels connected using the old coaxial antenna
** Video & Display **
● I have played 4K videos from Youtube & Netflix and 1080p videos from USB & from Airtel DTH
● The TV plays almost all common video formats from USB. I have tested mkv, mp4 and avi files
● I am quite happy with the picture quality. I really liked the richness, clarity and refinement of the display for 4K videos
● 1080p videos are also good, but when I compare with my 5 year old 40 inch Full HD Samsung TV, I would give more marks to Samsung display. This may be because 1080p videos have to be upscaled to 4K definition to be played on TCL TV while it need no processing on Full HD TV. But anyway, I can see a clear difference in viewing experience
● Standard definition videos are not the best videos to be played on this TV. They are better to be played on a smaller screen. The videos are stretched to fill the screen and there is quite a large amount pixelation. I could not find an option in Settings to correct this
● Sound quality is okay but I have external speakers connected
** Smart Features **
● Clicking the Home buttton on remote takes you to the Home Menu where it shows categorised content from Youtube, installed Apps, TV source menu, etc.
● There are a few apps from TCL Store like Youtube, Daily Motion, etc. But you can install Playstore and install apps and games from there as well. Apps from Playstore are better than from TCL
● You can pair your Youtube app in phone with TV Youtube app and then your phone works as a remote control for youtube videos on TV. This is a Youtube feature
● Evenif the TV is in standby mode, you can tell your Chromecast to play a Youtube video on TV and then the TV turns on and plays it if your Chromecast and phone is in the same WiFi
● The operating system is Android which can be verified from the file structure of the TV which can be accessed from the USB video browsing screen
● I tried connecting my RF wireless mouse and keyboard using USB port and worked well
● There are apps that will help you to view the content from your phone on the TV like videos, photos, etc. making use of WiFi Direct
** I don't like these **
● The TV takes more time to turn on when compared to my old Samsung UA40EH5300- it takes around three to five seconds for cold start, but is quicker to turn on from Standby
● The frame rate of this TV is 60Hz while the best suited frame rate is 120Hz for 4K. So, this makes faster moving images less crisper and smoother at times- for eg. watching sports like football
● The video slightly gets washed out when viewed from extreme angles which was not there for my old Samsung. However, I dont normally watch TV from such an extreme angle
● I use Railwire Fibre To Home Internet at 10mbps. When movies are played on Netflix TV app, it never plays in UHD but only 720p and in Standard Definition some times. I have Chromecast as well and the same movies play in UHD there. At the same time, videos from Youtube does not have this problem. I dont really know what causes this. But I see that Youtube app is an built-in one and Netflix is installed from store. I have read this issue experienced by another reviewer below
● A white light appears below the TCL logo when the TV is on Standby. I would have preferred a small LED instead of such a brighter lamp; I find this ugly
● Volume of connected Bluetooth headset is very low in comparison with the music played from my phone on the headset
● Whenever mkv files are played from USB, there is a time delay of less than a quarter of a second in sound syncing with video. Audio sync can be corrected in settings. The volume is also very low. I could not find something in Settings to correct this
● Eventhough the remote control looks upmarket, I am not a big fan of the click quality of buttons
● I would have liked a button to directly go to content from Youtube which I now need atleast three clicks
● Calling TCL is a real chore from my experience. I tried to contact them to get the TV installed and the Interactive Voice Response System kept me waiting for a long time and I quit finally
** Summary **
● The picture quality for 4K is very good, good for 1080p and okay for Standard Definition. I am perfectly happy with the connectivity options offered in the TV
● The Smart TV functionalities like Youtube, other video apps, games, internet, pairing with smartphone, etc. are on par with what is offered from expensive TVs (except my issue with Netflix)
● This TV is recommended only if you have a high speed internet connection for 4K videos or atleast have an HD DTH connection. I would suggest to pair with Google Chromecast (₹3000) from Flipkart for video streaming instead of using the TV inbuilt apps like Netflix, Dailymotion, etc.
● The biggest deficiency according to me in this TV is the frame rate
● I paid the Lightning Deal of ₹45,990 in May-17. This is definitely the steal price for a 55 inch 4K TV with whatever features it could provide and I rate FOUR stars. One star off on the shortcomings.
** Comparison VU LEDN50K310X3D on Flipkart versus TCL L55P1US on Amazon **
● I have not used Vu TV, but this comparison is based on some reading on Vu LEDN50K310X3D.
Both TVs have got similar features. Here are the differences
● Vu has HDR and Ultra Local Dimming that helps in a better contrast ratio and rich images than TCL
● Vu supports WiFi 5GHz band that supports faster internet and less interference if you live among too many WiFis, for eg an apartment
● Remote Control of Vu is simple and has got direct buttons for Netflix and Youtube
● Vu has got a better sound processing system, dbx tv
● Vu has 4 HDMI ports compared with 3 in TCL. Both supports MHL, ARC, CEC, etc.
● Vu has the smart app menu overlaying the video that we watch while in TCL, we have to move away from the channel to go to app area. This means more clicks and browsing to open an app in TCL
● TCL has got a frame rate of 60Hz while Vu has only 50Hz. This is a big deficiency and can affect the clarity, richness and sharpness of images. The biggest impact would be on fast moving images like a football match, etc. or during video gaming. The recommended frame rate for 4K videos is 120Hz for the best experience which is present in Samsung, LG, etc.
● TCL has got more Service Centers than Vu and is there at almost all locations. I could not find any infromation on Vu Service Centers. This is an impotant factor for me for low cost Chinese home appliances
● TCL is 55 inches while Vu is 50 inch only
● Operating system of TCL is Android while Vu has Opera. This means you have got superior apps, games, etc. in TCL. Phone mirroring or app syncing is quite native on TCL
● TCL has Bluetooth Audio Out to headsets or speakers and Bluetooth Audio In from smartphones or other devices while Vu does not have Bluetooth
● To summarise, Vu will perform better in terms of video and audio quality. However, the viewing experience depends on how close you sit to the TV. If you sit beyond 7 or 8 feet from the TV, both these TVs are not going to make much difference in the viewing experience. But, if you are a gamer using Playstation or XBox, Vu is a better choice.
Play store is for namesake but with esfile app and air mouse remote controller sold separately this TV is simply superb.
With ES file app you can install any app on your tv
N screen android remote is perfect for android mobiles and doesn't works well on iOS devices
Customer care is horrible