auto-hp family

on 22 September 2015
I would like to give some product and service feedback about Oneplus. My Phone IMEI No is 864587023653455. My Service SR No is SRRG0081509070013. My Mobile No is 9560822110.

I was one of the first proud owners of Oneplus One when it was launched in India.
I have promoted the phone so much at my workplace that I can count nothing less than 10 colleagues who now own Oneplus One.
I recommended the phone to my relatives and friends and I know at least 7-8 who bought the product after consulting with me.
And for most of the above cases I was instrumental in getting and passing the Invites from one or the other.

Unfotunately my phone has had numerous issues (will talk about it in detail later)....now that is normal...it’s a highly complex electronic device and a device CAN have issues.

I work with a Car company and we sell cars and sometimes they have issues and are brought back for repair at Workshops.

What matters is how those issues are handled and taken care of by our service team.

We all know that efficient and Quality after sales service is the key to a successful product.

Talking about the issues….my Oneplus One has had multiple issues-

Some were there right from the beginning (and I mean from day one) ...SMS window would not accept contacts smoothly, Whats app used to hang automatically in case I would open an Image and couple of other small glitches but being a Oneplus fan boy, I chose to ignore these issues. Even while promoting the One among my friends and peers I never used to reveal these issues just to grow the Oneplus Network.

But couple of months back the phone started to have issues which were affecting its basic purpose of existence...

Battery did not charge properly....it was excruciatingly slow...sometimes used to take 12-15 hours to get fully charged....I called up One Plus support...they advised me to drain the battery and keep the phone off for 6 hours and then charge till its full and repeat the process multiple times (I knew that this was loads of bull****). How can Oneplus even expect its customers to keep the phone off and do this fussy exercise multiple times.... but I did as was told but to no effect...I was still managing somehow as I have a busy work schedule and can’t afford to waste one day going from Greater Noida to Delhi (Nehru Place)…the one way distance is more than 40 Kms from where I live.

Ok...as if all this was not enough, one fine day (about a month back) I received a prompt for Lollipop (5.1.1) update, I downloaded and installed it...THAT WAS THE LAST NAIL IN THE COFFIN !!!

Now the phone started having major issues -

1) Contacts would never show up or take at least 2-3 minutes to just show up
2) There were FURTHER problems with SMS window....it would not open up and once open would not accept the contacts to whom message was to be sent.
3) Phone was not catching the Mobile Network properly. There was issue with MIC as the person at other end was not able to hear my voice clearly during call.
4) Internet speed of the phone went for a toss…I have 3G but I was getting worse than 2G speeds while browsing

Guys believe me I have owned a Samsung Galaxy S2 before this phone and used it for two and a half years without any fuss or issues....
I have now given it to my driver and he is still using it without any issues...

I was one of the worst critics of a Samsung Smartphones but after my experience with Oneplus One I feel like an ass.

Now to the service part….found online that there were couple of service centres in Nehru Place (New Delhi), called them up and frustratingly after multiple attempts for couple of days was able to connect (it used to come busy most of the time whenever I would call). I just wanted to confirm service centre work timings. I was informed that we don’t work on Sundays (major surprise)..it meant that I had to take a day off from work and visit the service centre.
Visited Service Centre at Flat # 7 & 10,Upper Ground Floor, Devika Tower, Nehru Place New Delhi-110019 on 7th September. It is being managed or should I say grossly mismanaged by Regenersis.

They took my phone…the guy at the desk did not bother to ask much !!
Still I made a point to inform him about the issues which he clumsily wrote on paper (some were not put down as cleanly and neatly as I would have liked). I just handed over the phone to him.

While leaving the service center I thought that there probably could be issues with the charger or the cable as well. I wondered why the service guy did not even ask for the charger and the data cable. I thought this was strange!! So, on my own I returned and offered him both and instructed to get them checked along with the handset.
Since I also come from a background where customers do face product issues sometimes, I know how important it is to completely understand the issues being faced in the product and its accessories.
Anyways, I was told to come back in four days and collect the phone back.
Not 4 but after exactly 10 days on 19th Sep, somehow I managed to take couple of hours off from my work and went back to the Devika Towers service centre at Nehru Place to collect my phone.
Before that I had called up and taken confirmation that the phone had been repaired long back and I can come and collect it.
This time there was a lady along with the previous guy. She took my receipt and it took her almost half an hour to come back. I was left wondering if the phone had been repaired 5 days back what took her so long to bring it back.
They said that I should check the phone. Turns out that the phone is not even 1% charged . They connected a USB cable and started the phone somehow !!
I asked why the phone was not charged fully or even half so that I could check it’s working. No answer !!
Switched on the phone. I asked a few queries regarding the Cyanogen OS (CM12 showed up). I asked them will it work properly with this and why did they not install at least Cyanogen 12S. They looked at me as if I was speaking Greek…kept quiet and went about their work. I again asked if I was prompted by phone regarding Lollipop upgrade (5.1.1), then what should I do….will it work fine without the update or will it not….absolutely no satisfactory answer was given to any of my questions. These guys had no clue of what I was talking about. I do not know why Oneplus or Regenersis has not trained these guys on even such basic questions and even if they are not trained why do they show as if they don’t even give a damn !!

I FEEL 100% SURE THAT THEY JUST DID A FACTORY RESET OF MY PHONE AND HANDED IT BACK TO ME…THERE WERE NO REPAIRS CARRIED OUT DURING ALL THE DAYS THE PHONE WAS WITH THE SERVICE CENTRE.

I am sure that they are doing the same to all under warranty phones… I am certain that they just factory reset the phone and bring it back to its original settings.

So I took the phone back and decided that I will check at home as I had to hurry back to work.

On 20th Sep I sat with the phone and charged it to full.
First started the camera. Surprisingly the camera worked only in the selfie mode (front camera only)….there was no icon showing in the application for using the rear cam. I had yet not inserted my SIM in the phone.
There were few updates available. I downloaded and installed the updates using my Wi Fi. All this time, I kept assuring myself that after getting updated everything will work fine.
Upon installing updates, I again tried operating the Camera and the app did not even open up this time. It kept on flashing a message – Unfortunately, Camera has stopped.
I did a factory reset and tried to again check the camera. The same message was repeating.
After this I did not bother to even try my SIM and check for other things.
I have had to waste my entire one day of work and an additional couple of hours another day and this I the result I get.

Shame on Oneplus for having such pathetic levels of service, that too in a metro like New Delhi. This makes me think and wonder what appalling service quality would the people in tier 2 and tier 3 towns be getting.
Even the Service receipt was given to me only after a lot of haggling and giving an excuse that the printer is not working. Still I managed to take it somehow as I needed some proof of the things that I have written about in detail above. The Oneplus SR No is SRRG0081509070013

I sent the above details in a mail to Oneplus email ID and got an automated response of acknowledgement.
But sadly no one has bothered to call or even inquire on mail about the issue with my phone.

I feel as if I have done a crime after purchasing Oneplus One. Its 22nd Sep and I am still awaiting a response from the Oneplus team. My trust in brand Oneplus has been badly shaken and I regret having promoted the phone so heavily to my near and dear ones. Hope they do not have to face the issues that I had to.

Achint
Mob No 9560822110

PS – I am using my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab as a backup phone and it makes me realise that “All that glitters is not Gold”
1010 Comments| 554 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on Amazon.in. To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.in
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.in, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so: Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.