auto-hp family

on 26 December 2014
This is fantasy fiction in authentic Indian settings par excellence. The quality of writing is powerful and beautiful, almost surreal. The story, the characters, the plot, the scene beginnings and endings, the pacing, the narrative, the sub plots, the chapter names, the English oh my god everything and everything about "The Guardians of Halahala" is simply superlative. I cannot avoid hyperbole while praising this work, at least to me, this is one of the best books I have ever read. (Only Ashwin Sanghi's Chanakya Chant and Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere had such effects on me earlier). The storyline fleetingly reminds me of the Lord of the Rings and that sets the bar very very high, doesn't it? Do we have an Indian J.R.R Tolkien in the making?

I eagerly look forward to the next books in the trilogy. I have no doubt the book will get rave critical acclaim, now I hope it also does well commercially. I am convinced this trilogy deserves its place among the other famous trilogies in the market, and if I may borrow a few characters out of the book - Shukracharya's bones and Mother Oracle's elements are telling me we have a blockbuster in the offing:-)
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on Amazon.in. To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.in
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on Amazon.in, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so: Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.