auto-hp

A Million Thoughts: Learn all about meditation from the Himalayan mystic
When it comes to review a book which takes you to infinite possibilities, then it becomes very difficult to express exactly what has happened with the person after reading it, but let me start with few sentences that flows through:

First of all, I would like to say, I love to read books related to self development, as they provide push to move forward in spiritual path and in the same spirit purchased this book.To be honest as soon as I reached to 10th page, I had realised this is not my everyday “Pick me up” book, it is something beyond expectations.Wonderful thing is Author is not going to share with you second hand knowledge, but something that he experienced and experiencing since last say 20 years.

I could go and elucidate every aspect of book, but going to contain myself with few points, rest you will find as you will journey through the universe of mind, for me this book is like a boon, it taught me so many things that I am unable to count them, let me try to cover it in following points

What is genre of book?
Non Fictional and Technical (doesn’t seem like technical one, because of Om Swami ji’s style of explaining things in light yet graceful manner)

What does it covers?
Every question you can imagine about mind and its working is answered here (if thing stops here, then it would just become a research treatise, but things goes beyond this)

Does it Provides methods for successfully mastering your mind, ultimately self?
Yes definitely, it not only covers one or two methods, but several, I would dare to say, it covers solution and methods for every living person on this earth

What is the approach of book, Traditional or Modernistic?
Beauty of Author’s style is, he is as much traditional as he is modern, in fact he is master in art of presenting things in balanced and appealing way (mind me, this appeal is not focused on external side, but in the content itself , you have to read it to experience it in most perfect way)

What are the techniques that are covered in the book?
As we can see, in the introduction author does not share the specific names of techniques, so I will respect his wishes, but suffice to say, along with known one, it also covers those techniques that we had never heard before.
Book is filled with analogies, incidents and modern day example of life that we live, so it is based on realistic world, not on some philosophical one.

Last but not least, I keep sharing and suggesting this book to everyone, so it is my suggestion to you, please do yourself a favour by getting it, transformation happen for sure.

Thank you very much for reading such a long review!!!
33 Comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2016
Finally a book on meditation in which you can fully trust .Excellent book like other books written by Swamiji.Although most of the things mentioned in the book were already covered in weekly articles of Swamiji yet there are many new things.Never thought there could be so much thoery in something as practical as meditation.Thank you swamiji for this wonderful book
on 21 April 2017
Book will work as guide to any one irrespective of their religion even atheists reading to counter Swamiji's views will gain. Must read book for all. Every reader will gain lot by going through this book. After reading repeat reading also will lead to more clarity. Also share and donate this book to libraries , near and dear one to make this world better place.
on 8 June 2017
To begin with the book puts you to some kind of endurance test and you wonder whether it would teach anything practical and finally the author acknowledges this by saying "if you have reached so far, I must congratulate you". The book is of high practical value and can choose the kind of meditation suitable for oneself.
on 20 July 2017
Awsome book! A must read..I really loved the way meditation is explained ..very easy to understand ..And to apply.
swamiji explains everything in detail..hes very learned ...crisp ..and fresh in his writing ..with lot of depth knowledge..
you cant have that confidence if you dont have knowledge..awsome book ..changed my perspective to see .myself and life
thank u swamiji and to amazon.
on 4 June 2017
All those seeking the true ways to Meditation, to what and how should one meditate, this book replies to all the queries one has regarding this. Simply explained with examples and truthful deep meaningful explanation. A must buy. Not just meditation but about general living of a person too. Opens the closed doors of the mind.
on 15 September 2017
I am a big big big fan of his books. They are always so inspiring, without a sentence of heavy preaching. Such a simple compilation, for those who are aspirants on this path, and want to understand the basics of meditation. Swamiji has described all possible meditation, that may suit one. It is a book to written is consideration with the mob of today, who are so short of time, busy in hustle and bustle, yet want to learn and practice meditation.
Once again Swamiji has come to our doors to teach us.
We are blessed to have you as Guru, Swamiji!!!
on 3 March 2017
As usual another amazing piece of work, this book has helped me understanding mind better thereby improving the process of my meditation but i guess i will have to keep revisiting this book as and when i progress in meditation because there is so much in there which i still dont understand
on 4 September 2017
Really good book on how to meditate. Very in-depth knowledge about meditation and lots of examples to understand it.

I am reading his another book "If Truth Be Told: A Monk's Memoir " its about his life journey.

It is interesting to read both these books simultaneously..
on 16 May 2017
i am unfit to write a review of such a pure knowledge but what i have realized while reading is that the meditation is taught by Swami ji as kindergarten teachers taught to his children.we are grateful that we have a guidance of Swami Ji.