amazon-apps auto-hp beauty-hpc clothing-accessories Shop now shoes shop-svdbaby nav_jwl_SG_AFS

on 30 September 2016
This is my first headset, so I have nothing to compare with but it looks and works good. However, the accompanied magnetic clicker is quite useless. There are instructions on how to attach it to the set, but the headset has no space to put it where the instructions tell you to. So far I haven't been able to use the clicker either because I attached it wrong or there are no apps that recognize the click.
on 30 August 2016
I've been pretty obsessed with VR since it first came out, and I have tested many headsets ranging from google cardboard to the headsets upto 3K. This Monster surpasses those in every department, and is way more comfortable for extended use. The build quality is top notch, everything feels good sturdy. The head strap is awesome, I love how easily it adjust using the velcro (very high tech looking velcro I might add). The cushioning around the eyes is very very nice, I can't stress enough how much this helps for extended use.

One of the coolest things about this is the adjustable knobs on the top sides, which helps focus the picture. I didn't realize how sharp these things should be until I used these. With most other headsets it would still be a little fuzzy and sometimes even slight double vision. Using this one to adjust you can really get it perfect. This upgraded unit also has a wider viewing angle, which makes for a more realistic experience in the end.

They really thought of everything with this unit: there is a large port on each side for charger cable, headphone cable, etc to come out. This is something many of the original headsets lacked, and I like that it's on *both* sides, since some phones charge or have headphones at the top. This also allows for heat to escape, something the original headsets had problems with - all the heat was stuck inside there. Last but not least the magnetic clicker addon,which has the best design to keep it from accidentally falling and has double magnets that can be used at any side. My LG G4 is a tight squeeze, but it does fit. Overall this is the best VR headset I have tested so far, it has every feature I could want, and most importantly is comfortable for extended use. I cannot recommend it enough.

I received this product for free or at a discounted rate in exchange for my honest review. I am in no way obligated to leave 5 star/positive reviews, this is purely my personal opinion. I am an avid amazon shopper and hope my reviews help you in the buying process! If you found this review helpful please let others know by clicking the button below.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
33 Comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2016
I have ordered Irusu monster vr after a very careful consideration among other products.
I must say that the Monster vr is an awesome vr headset. The immersion is very deep and real if you use a high resolution phone to see a high quality content ( at least 1080 p or 4K). The built quality of the headset and the lens quality are top notch. The customer service of Irusu is impeccable and they replied ASAP and with proper clarity.
Though this is my first VR experience, I am really satisfied with the product. The Bluetooth remote availed with it works just fine. Though haven't found any use of the Magnetic Clicker.
Thank you Amazon and Thank you IRUSU... :-)
on 5 December 2016
The quality of headset is great, it is well padded and you can wear it comfortably. The clicker, I didn't find it easy to use, you have to pull it and release it to use which isn't what we are used to do. In my case, I had to partially pull it and release it otherwise it doesn't work. Having cushion stickers in the box helped me as my power key kept pressing. But there should have been some kind of marking where you can align center of the split screens so you won't have to keep adjusting mobile position to the center every time.

The remote that comes with this product is of poor quality, you can feel it as soon as you take it in your hand. I have issues with two buttons, they work but the bottom button at the side doesn't press at all so you don't feel like you pressed it and the switch for android/ios doesn't click so in this case you don't feel like pushing it as well.

Finally about VR: this part isn't fault of this product but general experience of VR is disappointing. There aren't enough apps and there is hardly any app that you can enjoy more than once. The hassle to experience half baked VR isn't worth it, some apps show you incompatible ads while you are wearing headsets so you have to remove headset, wear it back. To switch to different app you have to remove headset, wait for it to load then start actual VR part of app and wear the headset. Even with the qHD display and these 42mm lenses I didn't find it realistic or enjoyable.

The remote for which I was excited isn't of any use because hardly 2-3 apps support the gamepad even the apps listed on IRUSU app aren't that useful or are properly categorized so you can get idea what works and what not. Even support for magnet clicker is poor, Fulldive is the only media player that supports clicker most other media players that I tried lack most of the common features and don't support clicker. I was most excited to try FPS game with gamepad but so far I have found only one shooter game that is well made but even that game is third person shooter.

My family tried it but after using it 2-3 times they didn't bother to touch it, I would still use it but I will have to try more apps but trying every single app and testing what works with it and what not makes the whole experience awful. At least there should have been library that will categories apps based on what it supports. Overall, I don't feel like it was worth purchasing, the product is great but VR itself isn't there yet. If you wish to try VR I will suggest spending around 500 rupees because anything more than that will be wasting money, plus don't bother buying remote because you simply won't get to use it.
on 10 September 2016
AS THE NAME SUGGEST THIS IS REALLY A TRUE MONSTER.....THE BEST IN THIS CLASS....MY DETAILED REVIEW ON MONSTER IS THERE ON YOUTUBE [...]v=eoXHAAsuFj8 YOU CAN SEARCH FOR "IRUSU MONSTER VR DETAILED REVIEW" ON YOUTUBE....
[...]
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 September 2016
If you are looking for a VR headset which is class apart in affordable price then this is it....IRUSU MONSTER VR......
The magnetic clicker which is provided works swiftly....no problem at all..

Lenses are very good......42 mm lenses gives a very wide FOV.
You can watch youtube videos in cardboard option without any problem with immersive effects.....
Bigger the phone's screen means bigger the viewing pleasure, it's looks best if your phone has a pixel density of more than 400 ppi having a 1080p display........720p displays also works fine with that headset.

You can attach headphone jack without any problem as the phone's both ends are accessible through open vents.......
Straps are easily adjustable accordingly...........
There are many VR apps available including irusu's very own IRUSU VR ZONE app which takes your VR experience to the next level.

In this price point this is the best headset one can get.........just go for it you won't regret your decision.
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2016
one of the better build quality items in this price range... however individual lens adjustment and adjustible clamps which hold mobile would give it 5stars. mine kept pressing the volume- button, so i couldnt hear any sound. reversing the mobile worked only in apps allowing 360 degree rotation. otherwise if it works for ur mobile, its the best.
on 8 January 2017
The decent product for VR. Using it with K5 note is really awesome. 360 videos look blurry, but other VR apps and 3D movies ( the ones on Irusu VR zone ) are super clear. Remote has limited usage in VR. I had seen that Irusu is selling monster VR without remote at lesser price. I would have bought it as its RS.200 cheaper. Overall a good buy.
on 12 January 2017
I haven't tried many VR headsets to write an expert review, but this one is pretty good for this price range. The built quality is really great, in the instruction manual its advised to keep magnetic click on the middle of top portion, but there is not enough space to keep it there, so I kept it bottom center which is working well... :)
on 9 January 2017
Uncompromising Quality. Doesn't scratch (bite/damage) the mobile... Padding/cushions to protect the mobile.
Go for it!!
The price of this one is a little higher comparitively, but hey your mobile is a lot more costlier!!