BAKE LIKE A BOSS
RECIPES FOR YOUR SWEET TOOTH
Chocolate chip cookies
150 grams soft, unsalted butter, 80 grams brown sugar, 80 grams breakfast sugar, 1 egg, 225 grams regular flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 200 grams 53% coverture chocolate chips
- Put butter, brown sugar and breakfast sugar in a bowl and beat it until creamy.
- Beat the egg, add the flour and baking soda to the mixture and mix everything well with the wooden spoon.
- Once done, add the chocolate chips and fold in the mix.
- Make small balls of the mixture and place it on the baking tray.
- Preheat USHA OTG at 180◦C for 2-3 minutes and place the tray inside to bake the cookies.
Nutty chocolate fudge
400 gms sugar, 400 gms milk powder, 250 gms unsalted butter, 350 gms semi sweet chocolate bits, 100 gms marshmallows, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 100 gms walnuts and almonds
- In a 2 litre glass bowl, combine the sugar, milk powder and butter.
- Microwave on high power for 15 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 5 minutes. (A few drops of the resultant mixture when added to cold water should form a soft ball)
- Mix in the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Blend in the vanilla and chopped walnuts. Pour into a greased tray, cool and cut into squares.
100 ml milk, 2 egg yolks, 20 grams breakfast sugar, 1 stick vanilla pod (Madagascar origin)
- Boil the milk in a saucepan; scrape the vanilla pod from the middle and add to the milk.
- Mix sugar and egg yolk together and add to the boiling milk mixture.
- Pour the liquid into the ceramic bowls
- Add water halfway through to the baking tray and place the bowls on top
- Preheat the USHA OTG at 140°C for 2-3 minutes and place the tray inside to bake the crème brulée.
Serving tip: Post baking, sprinkle some icing sugar and burn it till brown with the blow torch before serving.
600 grams Philadelphia cream cheese, 100 grams breakfast sugar, 6 eggs, 1 packet imported digestive biscuits, 100 grams unsalted butter
- Crumble the digestive biscuits with the butter and lay on a baking mold.
- Mix egg and sugar in Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Pour the cream cheese and egg mixture on top of the crumbled biscuits.
- Put water halfway through in the baking tray.
- Preheat the USHA OTG at 150°C for 2-3 minutes and place the tray inside to bake the cheesecake.
- Leave the cheesecake for cooling at room temperature for 30 minutes.
OR CRAVING SALTY TREATS?
375 gms sweet corn kernels, 25 ml water, 3 eggs, 250 gms shredded cheddar cheese, 250 ml milk, 75 gms chopped spring onions, 50 gms sweet red pepper, 50 gms all-purpose flour, 1 tbsp fresh marjoram, very finely chopped, salt, ½ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the corn and water, cover and microwave on high power for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every two minutes. Drain if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs; stir in cooked corn, cheese, milk, onions and red pepper.
- Whisk in fl our, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased microwaveable moulds or one large baking dish and cover with waxed paper.
- Pierce tiny holes on top. Then using the convection mode heat the oven then bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Pasta vegetable casserole
200 gms penne pasta, 1 tbsp butter, 1 onion, 1 clove garlic, 1 tbsp flour, 10 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, ¼ tsp pepper powder, 100 gms broccoli, 8 large button mushrooms, 1 medium capsicum, 2 tbsp basil, 4 tbsp bread crumbs
- Combine pasta with 400 ml water, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp oil and microwave uncovered for 6 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- The pasta should be cooked but firm and not mushy. Drain the pasta and run under cold water, drain again and leave aside.
- In a casserole, combine the butter with onions and garlic and microwave on high power for 3 minutes.
- Stir in fl our and milk, mix well and microwave on high power for 3 minutes.
- Stir well and mix in half the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix in the vegetables, pasta and basil and sprinkle over with the remaining cheese, bread crumbs Set the oven in convection mode and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Put in the casserole and bake at 200°c for 10 minutes till the top is a light gold in colour.
- Leave to stand for 3 minutes before serving.