WHY USE AMAZON PAY BALANCE
HOW TO ADD BALANCE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
1. What is Amazon Pay balance?
Amazon Pay balance is the fastest and most convenient way to pay on Amazon.in, where customers can load funds into their Amazon Pay balance and pay using this balance for their purchase. In addition, receiving refunds and cashbacks into Amazon Pay balance is fast and convenient.
2. How is it different from Amazon Gift Card balance?
Your Amazon Gift Card balance is now called Amazon Pay balance. You don’t have to worry about your Gift Card balance, if you had any. Because, it will automatically be loaded to your Amazon Pay balance for self-use.
3. Will I be able to pay for all my purchases on Amazon using Amazon Pay balance?
Yes, you can purchase anything on Amazon.in using your Amazon Pay balance except a limited selection of items like Amazon Gift cards/Bank cards.
4. Can I transfer Amazon Pay balance to my bank account or any another account?
No, you cannot transfer the balance to your bank account or any another account. However, it can be used to purchase from a selection of over 6 crore+ products on Amazon.in.
5. What happens to my already existing Gift Card balance?
The existing Gift Card balance is renamed to Amazon Pay balance and amount in your balance will remain as it is.
6. Why should I use Amazon Pay balance?
Easy checkout through a single step payment process.
Top-up Amazon Pay balance once through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking and keep using it for future purchases through single step payment.
In case of return, get refund amount within 24 hours of your return into your Amazon Pay balance.
7. How can I add Amazon Pay balance?
Easy! Go to ‘Your account’ and click on ‘Top-up Amazon Pay balance’. Choose an amount and ‘Continue’ to make a payment using your credit card/ debit card/ Net banking to add money.
8. When will the amount be credited to my Amazon Pay balance?
On successful payment, your Amazon Pay balance would reflect in your account within a maximum of 15 minutes.
9. What if my payment fails while adding Amazon Pay balance?
No worries, you will be shown a revised payment option in ‘Your Orders’ to make a repayment again.
10. Can I avail other offers on Amazon if I choose to pay with my Amazon Pay balance?
Yes, you will be able to avail all the offers if you choose to pay using Amazon Pay balance. In fact, there will be offers exclusively for payments through Amazon Pay balance. However, you will not be eligible for any Bank cashback offers if you wish to choose Amazon Pay balance as your preferred mode of payment.
11. What is the limit on the balance that I can add to my account?
You can add any amount between Rs.10 and Rs.10000 in one transaction. But there is no limit on the number of transactions that you make.
12. Does Amazon Pay balance have an expiry?
Yes, the amount added to Amazon Pay balance has a validity period of 1 year post which the balance added will expire.
13. How can I track my transactions/refunds/balance expiry?
Amazon Pay balance statement provides a consolidated summary of all credits (like Add balance, Gift Cards, refunds, cashback etc.) and debits transactions (like purchases, balance expiry etc.). This summary will help track every rupee in your Amazon Pay balance. To view your balance statement: Go to Your Account -> In payments, click on Your Amazon Pay balance.
14. Can I choose to add balance through EMIs?
You can only add balance using your Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-Banking.
15. What if I want to return my Amazon Pay balance?
You will not be able to get a refund on your Amazon Pay balance.
16. What happens if I don’t have sufficient balance to pay for my purchases at the time of checkout?
In case, your Amazon Pay balance is not sufficient to cover for the order value, you can also top up your Amazon Pay balance for future use. Else, you can pay the remaining amount using your credit card/debit card/Net Banking.
17. My order includes Amazon gift card, will I be able to pay using Amazon Pay balance?
No, you won’t be able to purchase gift cards from Amazon Pay balance as of now, however you can purchase limited 3rd party gift cards.
18. Can I pay Cash on Delivery or through EMIs in case I don’t have sufficient Amazon Pay balance
No, payments through Pay balance can only be clubbed with Credit card/debit card/Net banking.
19. In case of returns, will my balance be automatically added to Amazon Pay balance?
If you have paid for your order through Amazon Pay balance, it would be automatically refunded to your Amazon Pay balance. In case of COD orders, the customer would be given a choice to choose between Amazon Pay balance and Bank account during the return process. If the order has been paid partially through Amazon Pay balance and other electronic methods, the refund would be automatically added to the original payment methods.
20. Will I be able to use my Amazon Pay balance for purchase of digital products such as e-books?
Yes you can use your Amazon Pay balance for purchase of digital products such as e-books on Amazon.in as well as Kindle device. Your Amazon Pay balance might still reflect as ‘gift card balance’ for such purchases. However, you would continue to enjoy all the associated benefits.