- Paperback: 1552 pages
- Publisher: Aleph Book Company (18 February 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9383064129
- ISBN-13: 978-9383064120
- Package Dimensions: 21.6 x 14.2 x 5.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 28 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,637 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 75.00 Delivery charge
+ 95.00 Delivery charge
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
A Suitable Boy: 20th Anniversary Edition Paperback – 18 Feb 2014
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- 'The best writer of his generation.' - The Times
- 'Not merely one of the longest novels in English; it may also prove to be the most fecund as well as the most prodigious work of the latter half of [the twentieth] century.' - The Times
- 'A phenomenon, a prodigy, a marvel of 19th century storytelling in the language of today. It is hard to believe that Seth is only one man. He writes with the omniscience and authority of a large, orderly committee of experts on Indian politics, law, medicine, crowd psychology, urban and rural social customs, dress, cuisine, horticulture, funerary rites, cricket and even the technicalities of shoe manufacture.' - Evening Standard
- 'A quietly monumental novel [Seth] has given us that unlikeliest of hybrids, a modest tour de force.' - Times Literary Supplement
- 'Conceived on the grand scale of the great 19th century novels - War and Peace, Middlemarch - A Suitable Boy grows to match them in breadth and depth' - Sunday Times
- 'An immensely enjoyable novel which describes with unhurried pace the panorama of India Everything appears familiar to us, yet in fact it is newly minted by a master artist.' - Hindustan Times
- 'So vast and so amiably peopled [A Suitable Boy] is a long, sweet, sleepless pilgrimage to life [The novel] covers India like a sun, warming a whole country in its historical rays It is almost impossible to imagine an unswayed reader.' - Guardian
- 'We should be grateful for this panoramic sweep which revives in our memory a period when a whole way of life came to an end [Seth's] sure touch is really quite incredible, his characters are consistent from beginning to end.' - The Hindu
- 'Puts a subcontinent between (its) covers hundreds of people stream into view and are illuminated by the brilliant, warm lucidity of Vikram Seth's regard [A] massive and magnificent book.' - The Sunday Times
About the Author
Vikram Seth is the acclaimed author of three novels: The Golden Gate, An Equal Music and A Suitable Boy, one of the most beloved and widely read books of recent times. He has also published several books of poetry, an opera libretto, a book of other libretti, and two highly regarded works of non-fiction, From Heaven Lake and Two Lives. He is at present at work on A Suitable Girl.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews