- Paperback: 341 pages
- Publisher: Global Research, Centre for Research on Globalization; First Edition edition (1 December 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0973714727
- ISBN-13: 978-0973714722
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 2 x 20.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,64,370 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Seeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation Paperback – Import, 1 Dec 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
If you want to learn why biotech corporations insist on spreading GMO seeds around the World you should read this carefully researched book. You will learn how these corporations want to achieve control over all mankind, and why we must resist... --Marijan Jost, Professor of Genetics, Krizevci, Croatia<br /><br />If you want to learn why biotech corporations insist on spreading GMO seeds around the World you should read this carefully researched book. You will learn how these corporations want to achieve control over all mankind, and why we must resist... --Marijan Jost, Professor of Genetics, Krizevci, Croatia<br /><br />The book reads like a murder mystery of an incredible dimension, in which four giant Anglo-American agribusiness conglomerates have no hesitation to use GMO to gain control over our very means of subsistence... --Anton Moser, Professor of Biotechnology, Graz, Austria<br /><br />What is so frightening about Engdahl's vision of the world is that it is so real. In this new age of free markets, everything science, commerce, agriculture and even seeds have become weapons in the hands of a few global corporation barons and their political fellow travelers. --Dr. Arpad Pusztai, biochemist, formerly of the Rowett Research Institute, Scotland.<br /><br />The book reads like a murder mystery of an incredible dimension, in which four giant Anglo-American agribusiness conglomerates have no hesitation to use GMO to gain control over our very means of subsistence... --Anton Moser, Professor of Biotechnology, Graz, Austria
If you want to learn why biotech corporations insist on spreading GMO seeds around the World you should read this carefully researched book. You will learn how these corporations want to achieve control over all mankind, and why we must resist... --Marijan Jost, Professor of Genetics, Krizevci, Croatia
The book reads like a murder mystery of an incredible dimension, in which four giant Anglo-American agribusiness conglomerates have no hesitation to use GMO to gain control over our very means of subsistence... --Anton Moser, Professor of Biotechnology, Graz, Austria
About the Author
F. William Engdahl writes on issues of oil, finance, economics, and geopolitics for more than thirty years. His books have been translated into more than nine languages, and the present book is regarded as a classic on the subject of contemporary geopolitics and power politics. He has contributed regularly to numerous international publications including Japan's Nihon Keizai Shimbun, China Business News, Asia Inc., Grant's Interest Rate Observer, European Banker, Eurasia and other publications.
His most recent books are entitled Gods of Money: Wall Street and the Death of the American Century; Full Spectrum Dominance: Totalitarian Democracy in the New World Order; and Seeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation. He lives in Germany and is active as a consulting political risk economist.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I have purchased literally thousands of dollars worth of books from Amazon.com alone and I find this book, Seeds of Destruction, is THE most important book I have come across.
I haven't read the entire book yet, but from what I have read so far (especially the chapter on Argentina), this is one of THE most important and timely books of the past 100 years and this new century.
There are only a few books that are worth their weight in gold and this book by F. William Engdahl is one of them. This work will be remembered as a "signature service" to humanity (a term used in the intelligence world to denote exceptional work).
What a priceless work of research and documentation (some 17 years of hard research) into the heart of absolute Evil that is masquerading behind this GMO movement--the veritable cancer that is metastasizing upon the Earth body--and that has been behind the so-called eugenics movement since 1913. But this book is much more than GMO. It is about the people behind the GMO and eugenics movement and why they are doing what they are doing.
If you really care about your children, your family, and the survival of the human race and of planet earth, then you must first buy and read this book, and then buy 10 more copies as I did and give them to all your friends and family members.
Tell them that this book might save their lives.
I have said this many times, "Knowledge is only a seed, only illumined action produces fruits!' This book is that vital seed without which we are looking toward to some really dire eventualities.
Every person who cares about where their food comes from,truth in labeling, nutrition, health and affordable access to food supplies NEEDS to know this information. Is there a more important issue? What is more important than water, air and food ? The political agenda of food control, so well explained in this book, is more than a little chilling.
Seeds of Destruction should be read widely and it's information talked about by everyone. As a mother trying to feed my family healthy, nutritious meals everyday, this information is invaluable. Thank you Mr. Engdahl for this well written book! Maybe I'll read it to my children at night so they'll grow up knowing who the boogie men are!
Lori "The Rogue Reader Mom" Arizona
The book lists the dangers of eating GMOs:
1) NEW TOXINS CREATED: Toxins are unintentionally created when new genes are introduced into a plant's cells. (page 6)
2) SMALLER SIZE IF THOSE WHO EAT GMOs: In a study in which rats were fed GMO potatoes, they were found to have smaller body size, smaller liver and heart sizes, and smaller brain sizes! (p. 23)
3) UNPREDICTABILITY: A given DNA molecule may be stable in a test tube, but can become unstable in living organisms, interacting in extremely non-linear and complex ways. (p. 156) Biologist Dr. Mae-Wan Ho stressed, "Entirely new genes and combinations of genes are made in the laboratory and inserted into the genomes of organisms to make GMOs. Contrary to what you are told by pro-GMO scientists, the process is not at all precise. It is uncontrollable and unreliable, and typically ends up damaging and scrambing the host genome, with entirely unpredictable consequences." (p. 159)
4) BAD HEALTH OR DEATH WHEN EATING A LOT OF GMOs: Glockner, a university trained farmer, was shocked to find his cattle having gluey-white feces and violent diarrhea after he increased the dosage to a diet of pure GMO corn! Their milk contained blood, and some cows stopped producing milk. Five calves died! Glockner ultimately lost almost his entire herd of 70 cows! (p. 231)
5) INFANT DEATH: In 2006, a story in a respected London newspaper, The Independent, carried a story called, "Unborn Babies Could be Harmed by GMOs." A Russian scientist found that half of the offspring of rats fed a GMO diet of soybeans died in the first three weeks of life---six times as many as those born to mothers with normal diets!
In the book Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies about the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You're Eating, author Jeffrey M. Smith gives more dangers of GMOs:
6) GMOs may have genes spliced from plants or sources not listed, and someone could unknowlingly eat some food she or he is allergic to.
Incidentally, Dr. Gabriel Cousens adds this:
7) GMOs deregulate our cells' DNA into premature aging.
IF IT IS LABELD ORGANIC, IT IS NOT A GMO. Yet, even organic standards are diminishing now that the government is in control. Some foods are only 70% organic, though labeled organic.
Susan Schenck, author of The Live Food Factor: The Comprehensive Guide to the Ultimate Diet for Body, Mind, Spirit & Planet
Beyond Broccoli, Creating a Biologically Balanced Diet When a Vegetarian Diet Doesn't Work
I am no friend of the so-called green revolution which has marginalized, impoverished, and caused death by suicide of many farmers, nor of factory farming, and certainly not of genetic engineering, the gene revolution, which has been pushed on the public through a consistent campaign of lies, but I was unaware that the Rockefeller brothers and their foundation have been the main power behind all these developments and of their consistent goal to control the global human food supply while claiming that their aim is to reduce hunger in poor countries, while at the same time the real aim is to reduce world population. This latter goal is to be achieved with biological weapons, specifically `pharm crops' aka farmaceuticals such as genetically modified corn or a common vaccine with a genetically engineered and undisclosed contraceptive gene. This begs the question: was HIV created for the same purpose? The author doesn't touch this, but he does tell us that the myth of overpopulation was created by the Rockefellers to further their interest in eugenics. The US's 'altruistic' food aid is surplus genetically modified crops, this plus intentional smuggling is one of the chief means of achieving widespread distribution, replacing locally grown and adopted seeds.
Henry Kissinger is a Rockefeller protege [no surprise], as was Jimmy Carter, the Bush family, and many others. Bill Clinton went along with the Rockefeller genetically modified food and World Trade Organization schemes, both designed to control the world via economic rather than military means. Rockefeller protege Zbigniew Brzezinski is one of President Obama's economic advisors. We need to keep our eyes open.
The chief value of the book is the many years of research. The author has turned up much generally unknown information. I highly recommend that everyone who wants to know who is pulling our strings and why give this book a read. Much more is revealed than what I have noted.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History
- Books > Sciences, Technology & Medicine > Agriculture & Farming
- Books > Sciences, Technology & Medicine > Biology
- Books > Sciences, Technology & Medicine > Medicine
- Books > Society & Social Sciences > Society & Culture
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Biotechnology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Textbooks > Science & Mathematics > Agriculture