Seagate Expansion Desktop 2TB External Hard Drive
- Can be installed in seconds
- More storage for your computer
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Install and Store Instantly
Connect your computers and laptops with this Seagate Expansion Desktop 2 TB external hard drive and expand their storage. It is easy to install as it does not require additional software or configuration and is identified by the Windows operating system. Just plug the USB cord of this hard drive to a host device and start saving your data with ease. Instantly store, as it does not need formatting. Being compatible with USB v3.0 and USB v2.0, you can easily connect this Seagate Expansion 2 TB external hard drive with Windows laptops and computers anywhere and anytime.
Allow your laptop to work smoothly by storing excess data in this Seagate expansion hard drive. Easily save small and large files such as software, photos, movies, games and other applications on this 2 TB hard disk. With its drag and drop system, storage is easy and convenient on this Seagate Expansion hard drive. This 2 TB Seagate Expansion desktop hard drive supports USB v3.0 that allows data transfers at a blazing speed. You can also use this Seagate expansion hard drive to backup your important documents and secure them effectively.
- Capacity: 2 TB
- Interface: USB v2.0 and USB v3.0
- System Requirement: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 32 bit and 64 bit operating system
- Width: 81.1 mm
- Length: 179.5 mm
- Weight: 0.94kg
From the Manufacturer
Easy, Reliable Add-on Storage
The Seagate Expansion External hard drive offers an easy-to-use solution when you need to instantly add storage to your computer and take files on the go. Featuring drag-and-drop file saving right out of the box, USB-powered capability, and fast data transfer with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connectivity, it's simple, reliable add-on storage.
The Easy-To-Use Storage Solution
The Expansion external hard drive installs easily by plugging in two cords. You can start saving your digital files to this hard drive within seconds of removing it from the box.
Instantly Adds Storage Capacity
Digital photos, video and music files can tax your computer's storage, causing performance to decline as its internal hard drive fills to capacity. The Expansion External hard drive helps remedy this situation by enabling you to free up storage space on your computer's hard drive.
The Expansion External hard drive comes in a range of capacities, from 500GB up to the 3TB model offering enough data storage for:
- Up to 3,000 hours of digital video
- Up to 750 2-hour DVD movies
- Up to 960,000 digital photos
- Up to 49,980 hours of digital music
Installs in Seconds
Seagate Expansion External hard drive features like these make it incredibly easy to use this drive right from the box. Simply plug in the power supply, then plug in the included USB cable into your computer. The drive is automatically recognized by your Windows operating system; there's no software to install and nothing to configure. Drag and drop to save files to the Expansion External drive. Built-in power management automatically ensures energy-efficient operation.
Trusted Seagate Quality and Support
Seagate has delivered proven, reliable storage solutions for more than 30 years. With more than one billion hard drives shipped, Seagate continues to stand behind its quality. Additionally, Seagate support is always available should you have questions or need assistance using your Expansion External hard drive.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customer Reviews on Seagate Expansion Desktop 2TB Hard Drive
Top Customer Reviews
It was more embarrassing for me because I ordered this as Gift for my Brother. Now he has a Hard Drive which is not fit for his requirement & he end up purchasing a portable one on his own. - Waste of My time and money!!! And waste of the effort I took following up with both Amazon & GagetsGuru customer care.
1. GagetsGuru tells me that "on Seagate’s website the itemID associated with this part, here on Amazon website, says it is Not Portable & will come with External Power Source". Are we supposed to tally the technical specs given on Amazon site with those of the products actual website every time we order from Amazon!!!! Most uses might not even know about each product having its unique ItemID which can be checked on product's actual website.
2. Both Amazon & GagetsGuru Customer Care does not give any Complaint-ID which can be traced back to tell how many times I called up and checked with them, & what was told to me each of the last times I interacted with customer care. Every time I have to reiterate all the steps I have taken up so far & what has been told to me.
Now I am fed up with CustomerCare & have told my brother to sell it off at some local store to get whatever money he can in return for the new but open-box product.
It simply comes down to luck. If you get exactly what you were looking for - Good for you. If not, then you are in soup, because CustomerCare sucks big time.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
2TB, 3.0 USB connectivity, External Hard drive which requires an external power source. Its not a hard drive which you can carry around for daily requirement . But it can be used for storage purpose. I had a lot of electronic data hence for storage purpose it is perfect and at this price range and the brand its the best buy. I have used it more than a month now and has faced no issues at all. its not noisy ,easily gets connected and data transfer speed is around 25-30 mbps. Compared to portable external hard drive this desktop external hard drive is slightly heavy and needs an external power source.
If your requirement is storing data and not portability then it is perfect for you.
Product is genuine as you can register the product at Seagate's website for warranty purpose.
IMPORTANT NOTE: REQUIRES A EXTERNAL POWER SOURCE.
This Hard drive gives you 1.8 TB of usable space, reads/writes faster when you are copying from/to machine. However the speed is definitely slow when you are trying to move backups from one external drive to other one. Western Digital External 1TB was way too faster compared to this one. Another downside of this Harddrive is that it needs external power source and therefore is quite cumbersome to work with. It does heat up in between if you are continuously working with it. It's bulky and not portable in that sense as you would need to carry power cord, the bulky drive and USB cable. Good thing though is that the USB connector cable is definitely longer than what you get usually in your portable drives. Despite these downsides, I still have rated this commodity as 5 star because there is really nothing to complain considering 2TB in 5K is almost like an impossible deal to have in current time :)
I bought this hard drive with the intention of making it a backup drive for both my Windows and Macintosh laptops. From the description of the dimensions and the need for external power, it becomes quite obvious that it is Not meant to be portable.
1. 2 TB is a lot of space (especially when it is made available at a reasonable rate)
2. The matte finish renders the surface relatively resistant to scratches (even though none is entirely scratch proof)
3. There is hardly any noise during operation
4. No overheating observed so far
5. Data transfer: This EDD has USB v3 which is backwards compatible with USB 2 as well. Owing to the need for dual platform compatibility, I formatted the above drive (natively formatted in NTFS), to ExFAT, This, i believe, slowed the data transfer down a little bit. (the max observed was 18 to 18.5 MBps on the laptop running Windows 7; probably a little faster on the Mac). At this point I would also like to mention that like most PCs and laptops, mine too had USB 2 ports, and the full potential of the transfer speed would only be achieved if both the drive and the USB port on the machine were USB 3 (akin to a 32 bit program installed on a 64 bit OS)
I had transferred almost 1 TB of data from my other smaller EDDs, and not encountered lags or glitches in the process.
1. The need for external power. Well, this is especially a problem for me (being in Cochin which is home to load shedding and frequent power failure)
Overall, I think this is a good investment as far as space, performance and pricing are concerned :-)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Seagate products are always nice & expansion HDD are very durable.Published 28 days ago by BAKUL MEHTA
EXTERNAL POWER SOURCE. Means what if we buy the hard disk we need an external power to stay it onPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer