Nokia Asha 501 (Dual SIM, Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 3.2MP primary camera with 3x digital zoom, fixed focus, auto and manual white balance, still image editor and full screen viewfinder
- 3-inch QVGA capacitive two-point LCD transmissive touchscreen with 320x240 pixels resolution
- Nokia Asha OS operating system, memory expandable up to 32GB and dual SIM
- 1200mAH battery providing talk-time of 17 hours on 2G network and standby time of 624 hours on 2G network
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 month manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Are you a student looking for a smartphone with unique features at an affordable price range? Then you must know that Nokia, the brand which cares for the need of every customer, has launched Nokia Asha 501 Dual Sim Black, especially keeping in mind students like you, because they know everybody doesn’t need a high-end smart phone.
The size of the 501 model of Nokia Asha comes in such a calculated design that it fits perfectly into your pocket. The front panel is overruled by a 3” QVGA capacitive two-point LCD touchscreen that is surrounded by a black bezel with a back key at the bottom of the panel. Its 3.2 megapixel primary camera has a 3x digital zoom full screen view finder, image editor, self-timer, auto and manual white balance, colour tone mode and automatic light sensitivity. It runs on the Nokia Asha operating system which has been exclusively designed for low-end-smartphones. This dual sim phone has an internal memory of 64MB and an expandable memory of 32GB. The 1200mAH battery provides a talktime of 17 hrs and a standby time of 624 hrs on 2G network.
This smartly designed phone has an excellent responsive touchscreen. The quality of the camera can beat any other phone of this range. Its latest amazing feature called Fast Lane lets you swipe through the applications instantly. The phone has 40 free EA sport games and 50 preloaded applications. In fact, you can call it the best when it comes to judging performance.
The box contains the phone, the stereo headset WH-109, charger AC-11N and a battery. The handset has a warranty of 1 year, and the other accessories included comes with a warranty of 6 months.
So by now, you must have realised that there can be no other alternative for this low budget smartphone by Nokia for students like you. So, go for it immediately without any second thought.
From the Manufacturer
The new Asha 501 Dual SIM is built to perform. Stand out with six bold colours to choose from. The scratch-resistant glass screen and changeable covers stand up to life. And the battery will keep you going with up to 26 days of stand-by time. Try it – you'll be amazed.
One swipe to quickly access everything you love
Swipe on over to the Fastlane. Update your social networks and keep track of what's coming up, where you've been and what's happening right now – all on a single screen.
Rich on browsing, light on data
Make your data plan go further with Nokia Xpress Browser. It's light on the data and gives you the full browsing experience. Want even more freedom? Connect to the internet with the Wi-Fi finder.
Find an app for every need
There's lots of top apps available on the New Asha 501 Dual SIM – including Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Bejeweled 3, Plants vs. Zombies and more. And lock-screen notifications keep you up to date with your email, chat and social networks.
Change it up with Easy Swap Dual SIM
Use multiple SIM cards to personalise your phone and to always get the best rate. The new Asha 501 Dual SIM remembers the settings for up to five SIMs, so swapping is a breeze – without even taking your battery out.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customer Reviews on Nokia Asha 501 Mobile Phone
Top Customer Reviews
First discussing about Pros :-
Various interesting applications
Has lots of games and more can also be downloaded from "GIFTS" and "APPS" in the phone.
Touchscreen is quite responsive.
Cool Bluetooth sharing method
Decent Camera (3.2 Megapixel)
1 GHz processor
Nokia Xpress Browser works effeciently
Battery is excellent(1200 MAH)
Colorful (Resembles Lumia series phones in this respect)
Talking about Cons :-
Screen size is small
No Whatsapp as of Now.
Earphones are red, irrespective of model color (Nokia, why ????)
No 3G network Support and A-GPS (Dude, look at the price)
Both SIMs are Micro SIMs.
Wi-fi stops working after few hours of continuous use.
Overall a good phone at an affordable price !!!!!
Satisfactory service by Amazon, received the product in 4 days, but i had to go to FedEx's office to collect my order as they said that would not be able to deliver. Amazon, please take note of it.
Not bad is OK tayp overall ,....????
recent updates from Nokia, Asha 501 is an awesome phone, has whatsapp,
Nice phone at great price, Very good battery back up, has good
features such as Fast lane view for quick glanceable info about alerts music, calendar appointments etc. Very smooth UI, stills taken are very good, net browsing is fast and quick with Xpress browser which compresses the pages to reduce data usage and render them faster,file transfer through Bluetooth is faster. Light weight, excellent design like lumia with similarly vibrant colors and unibody-like built quality. It comes pre-loaded with a 4GB card and the touchscreen is excellent.
1. the first thing that comes to notice is it's very small screen (well for some people that's not a big problem).
2. the camera which is said to be decent compared to other phones at this price, really really sucks. when u open the 'camera app' there's appearance of grids that stay for few seconds only after which u get to see the normal viewing. this is disgusting.
3. internet very slow.
4. no good games. the store has very few games and even those are not worth playing. on the whole i can say that the store is totally devoid of apps.
4. the phone totally kills your texting experience. very hard to text in such a small screen and more importantly the keys at the corners sometimes are not responsive to touch. it's a pity..
5. youtube videos work good. but videos from other sites play normal up to certain time beyond which the video turns green and slowly all colors start messing up with it. this is a major reason i consider it (phone) a detestable one.
on my last lines i conclude that "this phone is not worth giving a shot. NOT AT ALL !!!"
More over mail exchange server is not getting configured by any means. It is useless.This phone can only be said as one level up than basic phone. No smart phone features are there for office assistance or other application which can be useful in daily life.
Go for android phone for this price range you will get better features of software. From hardware point of view the build quality of nokia is very good. Seem like mini apple phone only regret is about the useful apps and some inferior features of Nokia Asha OS.
Battery last for longer time which is again good feature. So in short if you are looking medium touch screen based phone in low budget particularly in nokia brand and want reliable backup phone than you can go for it.
1. Easy and simple to use the basic mobile functions.
2. Latest software update has Whatsapp.
3. Battery lasts for 3 days with mobile data on and moderate use.
4. Touch screen is quite responsive.
1. Although Nokia calls this phone a 'Smartphone' in the user manual, this is NOT a smartphone.
2. Screen is very poor - low resolution. You wont get any pleasure watching videos or seeing photos.
3. Camera is horrible. Photos are mostly blurred.
4. Network signal disappears sometimes and reappears.
5. Proximity sensor is terribly lagging. Screen takes its own time to come on.
6. Being a basic phone, what was the need for micro-SIM? It is inconvenient.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Piece of crap sold by Amazon.The applications requiring internet to work never really worked on this phone.Published 1 month ago by Amrinder Singh