- Product Dimensions: 19.3 x 13.7 x 1 cm ; 390 g
- Item model number: 53-000391
- ASIN: B0085Z96S4
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 10 April 2013
- Average Customer Review: 102 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,281 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Stunning 1280x800 HD display with rich colour and deep contrast from any viewing angle
- Exclusive Dolby audio and dual driver stereo speakers for crisp, booming sound without distortion
- Ultra-fast Wi-Fi- dual-antenna, dual-band Wi-Fi for 35% faster downloads and streaming
- Front-facing HD camera for taking photos or making video calls
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Stunning 7" HD display for apps, games, books, web and more. Thin, light and portable with over 11 hours of battery life for all your browsing, playing and reading.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is slow - takes about 30 seconds to boot up. The synch with the Amazon cloud account is confusing. Sometimes the synch just won't work.
1. Display and performance: The screen is fantastic and performance is top notch. I don't care whether it uses a dual core or a quad core processor, as long as it does the job fast enough.
2. Apps: Yes! you don't have access to the "Google Play Store", but I personally don't care about it much. I have found all the apps that I need in the Amazon App store - including a free app to play/download youtube videos. Plus you get a free app everyday from the App store - and sometimes they do give away some of the coolest apps under this section.
3. Media: I did read in some of the reviews people complaining about KF unable to play some video files. However with the mobo Player and VLC (both free) I did not have any problems in playing any video files. The playback was seamless with fantastic pictures. The sound quality is easily the best I have heard from any tablet.
4. Others: The micro HDMI port is a huge advantage over the rival tablets like N7. I could easily hook up my KF with my HD projector. Amazon also offers free "Prime" membership to KF owners for a limited 30 day period - but I have not tried that out yet.
Overall, it is easily one of the best tablets out in the market - especially for its price (just 12k for the 16 gig version). Go get one - you won't regret.
Pros; HD screen display
A different and alluring interface from all other devices and OS
Free app of the day, which adds to my apps some paid apps which are some times good to grow my collection of apps and
games,and continuing my interest.
Books organised and at my ease of use.
I found games of large size played as they were designed to perform.
COMING TO CONS; i found nothing annoying me,
My verdict after two months of usage; buy it, at this price you will enjoy a best designed device at world standards.
The device is super fast, however excessive internet browsing makes its processor to heat up (not much though).
I was a little disappointed with its OS as well. Amazon decided to cover the basic android with their FIRE OS (which is sometimes cringeworthy). You cannot end the apps that you are not using, which means that after you exit an app, its still running in the background and you have no way to end that app. It puts unnecessary load on the processor and creates a snag in the device.
All andorid apps (.apk files) can be installed and run on it. However, Amazon restricts you from signing into any Google ID other than the email. It means if you download the YouTube app (by directly installing the .apk file), you will be able to run the app, but the device will not sign you in with your google ID. This goes same for each and every app that uses a google ID to work.
Other than all this, its not much different from an android device. Heck, if you install any android launcher (FX or GO) you can even make it look like an android device.
I love it, my kids love it and we all use it regularly.
Most of the apps that are available in Google Play Market are also available in Amazon's market place.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sound is outstanding. So many Apps are missing compare to Google Play.Published 4 months ago by Aryav
Kindle has no support in India out of Warranty. Their response is poor. Be careful before buying Kindle.Published 6 months ago by suman mallik
I am still sulking over my kindle as something went wrong and after 1 1/2 yeara it became unrepairable. I had stored so much in it , books and apps and now it's all lost. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love my Kindle. Its totally snappy and fast. Screen has great touch and colors. A bit heavy but worth the money.Published 10 months ago by PK DesertFox
It was extremely nice product for past 1 year and we loved playing games and reading.The product started malfunctioning with in a year. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Jomon
Best device for reading.. Bit on the heavier side. But still i would prefer kindle to read books. Amazing display great sound. Custom android so no playstore. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Hussain