JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color:Black Â |Â Product Packaging:Standard Packaging JBL Synchros S400BT Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo HeadphonesThe Synchros S400BTWireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo Headphones from JBL allow you to play back audio and take calls wirelessly from Bluetooth compatible devices. Additionally, its included 1/8' cable allows the headphones to function with wired sourcesFeatures-40mm Drivers-Bluetooth 3.0-NFC Paring-Touch Sensor Controls with LEDs-Built-In Rechargeable Battery-Wired or Wireless Use-Includes USB Charging Cable-Includes 1/8inch Cable-Includes Carrying Case
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Short and simple, these headphones are incredible.
- BUILD QUALITY. A combination of matte plastic, metal, and extremely soft memory foam make for an incredibly comfortable listening experience. The headphones feel heavier in respect to other on ear headphones due to the materials used. You'll also notice the earcups themselves have some slight resistance when rotating them which will keep them firmly in the same place on your ears.
- AESTHETICS. The combination of materials used works extremely well in unison, the headphones I purchased (black) are gorgeous as seen in the pictures provided for the product which are accurate.
- SOUND: Even before burn in, the sound is colored and by no means flat. The sound signature caters to the bass head but doesn't overpower crystal clear highs and mids. I own a pair of V-Moda M100's which are notorious for their consumer-friendly bass heavy sound signature, and I prefer these headphones instead (which is saying something considering the V-Moda's cost me about three times as much). They block out most external noise fairly well even though they are not technically labeled as "noise-cancelling", and overall the listening experience is excellent even disregarding any sort of burn-in process.
- WEIGHT: The headphones themselves as mentioned are noticeably heavier than most on-ear headphones on the market today. This might bother someone who uses these while doing day to day tasks other than just simply sitting at your desk, or sitting on your couch using these. If you however wish to use these for travel purposes and daily work tasks in your cubicle or office, these will provide an excellent experience.
- CONNECTIVITY: The charging cable is a type-A USB to 2.5mm jack, which makes for an extremely inconvenient circumstance if you lose it. Beware that there are only one or two replacements I have found online, one being here on Amazon (see below). I have not, however, had any issues whatsoever with Bluetooth connectivity as others have mentioned. Most users fail to realize faulty Bluetooth connections can also be your music device itself, and 9 times out of 10 connectivity issues can be resolved by simply restarting your device, and repairing your headphones for added reassurance. While this is inconvenient, the problem remains consistent across any and all Bluetooth based devices which is why different iterations and updated versions of Bluetooth are constantly being released.
Excellent headphones, I find I use these far more often than my studio reference headphones or V-Moda M100's for daily listening purposes because they color the sound of most music genres very well. You'll find that you can easily reach the suggested 15 hours of wireless playback time which is another excellent plus. I got these at a steal it seems to most other reviewers at $79, and at this price I feel like I'm quite literally taking candy from a baby. Could not be happier with my purchase.
- Burn in for these headphones isn't exactly necessary, but there is a definitive difference in sound quality to my ears after burning these in for a while. Again, this is not suggesting these don't already sound excellent out of the box. Simply look up "Headphone Burn In" on YouTube and play white, brown, or pink noise through them for a few nights to loosen the drivers. If you're an audiophile you'll be happy you did, just thank me later. :)
- Spare cable: eBayson Replacement jbl Synchros E40BT/E50BT/J56BT Headphones 2.5mm USB CHARGING CABLE 3ft, by 20122013dragon
The Beats always sounded nice, but these blew me away. I have read many of the interviews here, so I will go through my experience:
1. Charging. They charge nice and quick. (Not sure how long a charge holds. I saw 15 hours somewhere). If they die and you do not have a charger nearby, just use the supplied optional hard cable to jack into your device.
2. Wired quality- Very clean smooth full and rich. Loud but not super loud. Somewhat better than the wired Beats Solo2 we had.
3. Wireless quality- Freaking powerful! Way loud and full. Again, this is for my kid, I am somewhat an audiophile, but as long as there is no distortion when listening, I have no complaints, especially at these volumes.
4. Pairing- I had no problems pairing this up with my phone. In fact, I turned it on, held the Bluetooth button for a few seconds as directed, scanned for the headphones on my device and there it was. Paired and listening to music within a minute.
5. The tricky part... because this is for my kid, I understand that initial pairing might be cumbersome (like above), but subsequent connecions should be automatic-ish. So I turned it off, then back on and it came right up and connected automatically.
6 Touch controls. Worked perfectly and seamlessly. No issues for me. I didn't feel they were overly sensitive and they were not bringing up other apps, making rogue calls, too quiet, too loud, randomly fast forward or rewinding... AT.ALL. For me.
7. The jacks were secure and not loose. No falling out for me.
8. Bluetooth range. I made it downstairs in my house with several walls in between with no issues. Outside, there was no interference with the wind on the mic.
9. I did NOT test the calling features. It is not my main reason for these, as it is a nice to have, again, since this is for my son.
I paid $75 for these listed at $200 originally. Now are they the very best on the market? Maybe not. But are they better than the $150 beats that are fragile as al get out... and better sounding. YES! Are they the best Headphones I ever listened to at this price point? OH HEAVENS YES!!
Listening to Music on these headphones is like listening to a $2,500+ speaker setup. Being able to do that at work is fantastic.
BUY these headphones if you can, you will not be sorry.
I bought these to sound well without wires and they do the job. They insulate sound pretty well but They do hold the charge well and the charge time is average but satisfactory for me.The phones only have one port so charging and and listening via audio cable....not possible.....but not an issue for me.
There was a "break in period".......for these "cans". They did improve....I'm not sure how long but it took the right time plus a quiet space for them to reveal it's abilities.
I am somewhat of an audiophile and definitely enjoy a wide range of music genres. I am happy with the sound .....good all around abilities and can handle bass well. It lets me hear the details in music that I need it to but brings some weight when I need it to. I also use them for movies and games but when the 2 channel audio is strong then the rest usually follows.
Nice modern design and the volume "swiping" is sensitive but not an issue for me.
The only negative thing I have on this product is the bluetooth range.......I think it should be better coming from a company like this.
As the public demand and market increases for these types of devices the future generations(every year) will improve.
I'm endorsing these JBLs as long as your purchasing price point is in the ballpark of $99 bucks....but not at 2 bills
So why 4 stars? Comfort. I have tiny ears which may be the problem, but they fit into the eat piece and my ears were sore after a couple hours, however, 2 min break and back on and they were fine. the padding is extremely comfortable and the headset is really lightweight. If the padding had more depth on the ear piece I may have kept them.
Really I wanted something for the office. I love the fact these have the touch technology (very nice and responsive). These look very professional as well. BT 3.0 and pairing is super easy. I would love these for a compute to work or similar, but sitting at my desk all day, I will get something more comfortable. wish I could give a 4.5/5