- Paperback: 852 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; Fifth edition (28 October 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 935260363X
- ISBN-13: 978-9352603633
- Product Dimensions: 23.6 x 18 x 3.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (285 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Indian Polity 5th Edition Paperback – 28 Oct 2016
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
a must for civil services! updated to the latest rules and regulations! --By ankshva on 30 October 2016
About the Author
'M Laxmikanth obtained his postgraduate degree in Political Science from Osmania University in 1989. He is the former founder and director of an erstwhile coaching institute
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- New chapters have been added to 5th edition :
1) Parliamentary Group
2) Judicial Review
3) Judicial Activism
5) Niti Aayog
6) Voting behaviour
7) Election Laws
- 4 new appendices have been added too
- Inclusion of Previous years questions of Polity from:
2014, 2015 and 2016 Prelims
2013, 2014, 2015 Mains
-Essentially the book is more comprehensive, it is visibly THICKER now (Check the pictures attached) and is more relevant for the latest trends of UPSC (given the unpredictability)
- Language of the book is extremely simple and straight forward and it still feels like you are being spoon fed by the author. This is great for students who are preparing on their own.
I recommend this book to first time buyers as well as those who have the 3rd/4th edition of this book.
Else, you can take photocopies of the additional material from Delhi bookshops. But must update the earlier version.
Please Hit the Like button to encourage Middle Class Reviews.
1) After few Pages you find Weight of Questions on Polity and in 2016 it was 5 questions , from 2000-2015 there were more than 10 questions but now they ask only 5 this year
2) Please read this book along with it focus on current affairs,it is very very important
3) It cost me one year , because I focused only one these traditional books and ignored the current affairs part , if you want to save your one year please read Current affairs very well and don't left any stone untouched.
please hit helpful button if you like it👍🏻😊
And over-all this new book (5th edition) is fully updated with 7 new chapters & 4 new appendices,
also revised the existing topics(Planning commission to NITI)
& appendices (Up to 2016 Question Papers of Prelims & 2015 Mains QPs, PMs list, CJs list, etc)..
and recommended for CSE aspirants, Good luck!! :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
fast delivery by prime.. good condition
the book is imp for upsc prelims and is best compiled so far
A good book .But not thoroughly revised.Spectrum's Indian Polity is a better alternative due to its updation and critical analysis of each and every aspects. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
Book delivered does not include all chapters inside. Pages if 5 chapters were not there in the book.Published 3 days ago by Saurabh Singhal
There is no doubt about the publicity of this book as far UPSC exams(such as civils, cds, capf etc) are concerned. The matter presented here is crisp and lucid. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Rahul choudhary