Kindle 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) Previous Generation
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Touchscreen display that reads like real paper - no screen glare, even in bright sunlight. This device does not come with a built-in light.
- Exclusive Kindle features now include Goodreads integration, Vocabulary Builder and Word Wise
- Faster page turns-A 20% faster processor delivers smooth, quick page turns.
- Twice the storage-Carry thousands of books on the go, with double the on-device storage.
- Lighter than a paperback, fits in your pocket
- Battery lasts weeks, not hours
- Over 500,000 eBooks at Rs. 99 or less and over 1.5 million eBooks at Rs. 299 or less
For an order of more than 3 units, Call: 1800 3000 9011
Kindle is designed as a dedicated e-reader. Indulge your love of reading without interruptions like email alerts and push notifications.
Top Customer Reviews
I'm a voracious reader and my shelves are filled with many paperbacks and hardcovers. So, I was looking for an e-book reader and that is when I came across the Kindle. I started reading the description of the product which clearly described "NO BACK LIGHT".
Later, I read all the 1 star reviews of the product. Most of the customers complain that this doesn't have a backlight and they cannot read in the dark.I would like to ask them only one question "Why didn't you read the description before you decide to buy it?"
Hence, to help some of them, I uploaded the picture of the descriptions of various kindle devices and their technical specifications with their respective prices and the pictures of my kindle to make people know the size of it.
Coming to my experience, I absolutely love the product.I'm going to give much detailed info inthe next paragraphs:
*** SCREEN (BLACK AND WHITE) ***
The new Kindle's screen resolution is 167 ppi which is slightly lower than the Kindle PaperWhite which is 212 ppi, and substantially lower than the Kindle Voyage which boasts an impressive 300 ppi (individual pixels at this density can not be distinguished by the naked eye.) Price-wise though, the base model PaperWhite runs 11,000 rupees at the time of this review, and the Voyage base model runs 16,500 rupees so you can see, the more you pay, the better the resolution and features. 167 ppi is fine though... in fact, most webpages are 72 dpi to give you a comparison.Read more ›
1. Most common reason that it is cheap (almost by 4000) rupees.
2. Other advantages are related to the price.......the paperwhite sports 300ppi display which I clearly feel to be of no need. of course who will need such a display to read a book(we are not using It for playing asphalt 8 or any other high end game on it after all!!!)
3. It has more weight..... Will not be able to hold it for a long time......
4. It has built in light.....if that is the excuse anyone gives you of buying a paperwhite then just tell him that you have a smartphone in which you can download amazon kindle app ......again here anyone who reads too much of books must not be reading it in dark.......after all books don't have built in light in them!!!!.....also having a light reduces kindles difference from a tablet.........
5. Those who are buying kindle 1st time need not pay approximately double the price for an experiment......
Those who have bought kindle 7th generation must not change their mind to paperwhite just for a fistfull of more features.......Although this is my personal thinking or view....... Independent views may be different......
Thank you for reading my review....... If really helpful then please tap on "helpful" if not then you can tap"not helpful" as then I will try to improve my reviews....... My review might hurt those who bought kindle paperwhite but you also have bought something which have its own advantages ......
Thank you once again.....
I consulted some of my technical savvy friends who have formed an idea about the product without even seen it ever. On the contrary they asked why I’m not going for Tablet instead which offers multiple functionalities compared to an e-Book reader. I asked myself why we go for a digital camera when our smart phone has an in-built camera. As my focus was only on reading, so I did not went for a Tablet on the basis of hearsay. I continue to surf net for the right answers. One fine day, I placed the order for the item.
The device reached much before the estimated delivery date. Thus it set forth to a new mode of reading. Luckily it proved to be good judgment on my part. What claimed by Amazon in their promotion is true in totality. I have been reading at least 70 pages daily since I received it 3 weeks back. The USP are given below:
a) Unlike smart phone, laptop or tablet, the screen does not reflect
b) Since it has glare fee display, the device puts less strain on your eyes
c) Letter fonts can be adjusted based on the comfort of the reader
d) Lines spacing can be also adjusted based on reader’s preference
e) With adjustment according to convenience, reading speed increases
f) The pages resembles that of physical counterparts in terms of looks
g) The device with 200 gms is much lighter than paper or hardcover books and 50% less than that of Tablet.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Can someone please help? I purchased this Kindle e-reader last June. I have had a frozen screen for the last one month. Read morePublished 23 hours ago by Amazon Customer
- Reviewing after 9 months.
- Nothing to complain except charging point. You can't be sure if charging completed or not. At least, I wasn't able to do so. Read more
Due to huge price difference with the Kindle which is having inbuilt light, as like me, initially you may think you can manage without light. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Mohan Kumar R
Only Basil seeds germinated well few Thyme seeds did and none of the Oregano& Rosemary did . Very poor qualityPublished 11 days ago by Amazon Customer
One of the best products from amazon.. Its battery life is amazing and display is super cool.Published 12 days ago by Ramanujam K
Two black spots have appeared on screen. I haven't used the product much. Read just one book.Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer