- Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 1 x 1.2 cm ; 5 g
- Item model number: ESP8266
- ASIN: B00O34AGSU
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 5 March 2015
- Average Customer Review: 95 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #23 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific )
ESP8266 Serial WIFI Wireless Transceiver Module for IOT
|Price:||249.00 FREE Delivery on orders over ₹499.00.Details|
|You Save:||150.00 (38%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you're a seller, you can improve your sales by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Great product for IOT beginner or student
- Wi-Fi direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP or IP protocol stack
- Power down leakage current of <10uA
- +19.5dBm output power in 802.11b mode
Specifications for this item
|Item Height||0.6 centimeters|
|Item Length||2.49 centimeters|
|Item Weight||5 grams|
|Item Width||0.99 centimeters|
|Manufacturer Series Number||FZ1082|
|Special Features||Can be connected to wifi with out any arduino support|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Description for ESP8266 Serial WIFI Wireless Transceiver Module for IOT
This is a Wi-Fi solution based on IC ESP8266 from Espressif, great device to start work on IOT(Internet of things) ESP8266 is a highly integrated chip designed for the needs of a new connected world. It offers a complete and self-contained Wi-Fi networking solution, allowing it to either host the application or to offload all Wi-Fi networking functions from another application processor. ESP8266 has powerful on-board processing and storage capabilities that allow it to be integrated with the sensors and other application specific devices through its GPIOs with minimal development up-front and minimal loading during runtime. Its high degree of on-chip integration allows for minimal external circuitry and the entire solution, including front-end module, is designed to occupy minimal pieceB area.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my findings,
- Use a separate power supply since USB or arduino cannot supply the required current, causing the module to reset
- You need to pull up gpio0 to 3.3v via a 10k ohm resistor
- I used a 470uF capacitor across the 3.3v power rail and a 0.1uF decoupling capacitor very close to vcc and gnd.
These 2 components removed the unwanted resets due to tx bursts and other headaches associated with this module
After these findings, my esp module is working great and has never reset once after
Coming to the module, it works flawlessly. I was actually trying to interface it with an Arduino Uno for a very long time now, and I finally did it using a Logic Level Converter (Logic Level Converter-Bi Directional - Robo India). You can use this to be on the safer side, to prevent the module from getting overpowered (the ESP8266 might malfunction or get damaged if you provide 5V).
If you want to keep connections simple, watch this YouTube video named "Easiest ESP8266 Tutorial (Using arduino)" by Live Sparks (can't include the link here due to Amazon's review policy).
It is by far the most simplest way to interface without much hassle, and it's a must watch for those who need to get the interfacing done seamlessly.
Coming to the price, it's pretty cheap, and the product is valuable for the money paid.
Last but not the least, delivery was faster than expected.
Pros: Works directly with TX and RX pins of arduino though it pumps 5v. Beware this module is not tolerant to 5v use one 3.3v at 500ma. You can ignore it at your own risk. I hook up this module to my arduino for serial connection. No firmware update is required.
Affordability is the best part of it. You can make several automatation projects with it.
Adaptability, it can adapt many boards and can also work STANDALONE!!.
Three modes are available ie connect to wifi, create wifi hotspot, or both.
Several other modes are also available such as TCP SERVER, etc.
Good packaging by the seller is provided.
Cons: Uptill now I haven't experienced any issue with this module(esp8266-01).
(some might say it draws much current, it is not a issue if you are running off mains derived Dc source. )
WITH GREAT POWER, GREAT RESPONSIBILITY ALSO COMES HANDY.
It connects to port but that's it. Not able to send any AT commands.
Edit : Had to update the firmware, it worked after that.
before getting this wifi module make sure you have the following things (you know , so that you life is not a living hell!!!!!!!):
1) lm1117 3.3 v regulator 5 Pcs AMS1117 - 3.3V, 1A, Voltage Regulator SOT-223 : since the esp8266 runs on 3.3 v and the 3.3 v arduino line cant supply enough amps .
2) one 460 ohms and one 220 ohms resistor (or basical any resistors in 1:2 ration eg 1k and 2k 10k and 20 k etc ) 800 Pcs 40 Values Assorted Mixed Carbon film Resistors lot 5% 0.25W Resistor kit(meh!! works ... )
3)tons of jumper wires male , male to female (from the serial converter to the esp8266), and female to female etc .Jumper Wire - 20 Male to Male + 20 Female to Female + 20 Male to Female
4)male and female berg strips and General Purpose Printed Circuit Board . since the esp8266 is not breadboard friendly you will have to make a breadboard adapter COMPONENT7-General Purpose Printed Circuit Board-3 Pc + Female Berg strip-3Pc+ Male Berg strip-3Pc
5) usb to serial converter , this should have probably been on top of the list .i have have brought a lot of this devices all different types but the one that works for me is CH340G CH340 Serial Converter USB 2.0 To TTL 6PIN Module for PRO mini
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this IOT is so good able to connect to my localnetwork stepper doors - very authenticatedPublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Arrived with a proper package and is working in my current testing setup, so far everything is good. Trying for set up server data.Published 9 days ago by CWTech
A must have module for the IOT enthusiasts. It can be connected to any wifi devices nearby using an arduino. Easy to connect and datasheets are readily available on google.Published 14 days ago by Jaikishan
Very nice performance . No any technical problem .....
Fantastic. Reached beyond my project expectations. Really helped a lot. Thank you Amazon and generic.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer