Bajaj Finserv Extended Warranty for CTV/LCD TVs (Rs. >5 lac), 2 year
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Extended warranty coverage options for 2 years, post Manufacturer's warranty period
- The product is filed and approved by IRDA - the regulatory authority governing insurance business in India
- Ease of operations with automated operational set up for policy issuance and tie up with Allianz Global Assistance (AGA) for claim administration with set SLA and KPI
- Service network spread across more than 400 locations and auto-trigger of policy documents on e-mail and SMS to customers
- Wider coverage and more cost effective as compared to an AMC and state-of-art customer service centre to handle customer queries and services
- Web portal for customer self-services
From the Manufacturer
Extended Warranty (EW) provides complete protection of the cost towards repair and replacement of the consumer durable appliances arising out of unexpected defects in material or workmanship, post the expiry of manufacturer's product warranty period. Sum Insured of the insured asset is equal to Invoice Price, maximum claim under the policy is equal to sum insured.
Bajaj Allianz has been a pioneer in introducing this concept in the Indian Market. Its association with Bajaj Finserv Ltd has helped widen its product reach deep into the market with 67% Market Share of total EW business as on date. Further Extensive Distribution, Automated operational set up and geographically spread service capabilities have resulted in 3.5 lakhs satisfied EW customers with 98% claim settlement ratio.
Extended Warranty can be offered for any product within 180 days of purchase.
The Company will indemnify the Insured against the repair or replacement costs in respect of the Insured Asset caused by a Breakdown arising out of manufacturing defect and / or due to poor workmanship of the service personnel of the authorized workshops during the Policy Period, provided that the liability of the Company in respect of any one Insured Asset in any one Policy Period will not individually or in the aggregate exceed the Sum Insured set against such item in the Schedule. Policy period – 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioner
- Microwave Owen
- Home Theatre
- Water Purifier
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Modular Kitchen – Fridge, Dishwasher, Microwave, Hub, Chimney, Coffee machine, Grinder, Blender, Food processor, Washing machine, Drier (Clothes), Grill
- Fitness Equipment
- Musical Instruments
- Printer/Projector/Scanner/Fax Machine/Photocopy Machine
- Electrical Items – Cooler, Gyser, Fan, Iron, Inventor, Home automation
- Kitchen Appliances
- Furniture and Fixture
In the event of a loss, the basis of loss settlement shall be as follows:
- Where an Insured Asset can reasonably be repaired or reinstated at a cost less than the replacement cost, the Company will indemnify the Insured in respect of the expenses necessarily incurred to restore the Insured Asset to its state immediately prior to the happening of the insured event. No depreciation shall be deducted.
- In the case of a total loss, the Company shall indemnify the Insured in respect of the restoration or replacement costs up to the Sum Insured set against the Insured Asset in the Schedule, subject to a depreciation of 10% per annum from the date of manufacture.
- The Company may at its Option repair, reinstate or replace the Insured Asset damaged or destroyed, or any part thereof instead of paying the amount of loss or damage
- The Company shall be entitled to retain any defective part replaced under the Policy.
CLAIM SETTLEMENT PROCESS
Cashless: Call centre to register claims and appoint service personal to visit Customer place.
Service personal to get the equipment repaired/replaced and delivered back to customer.
BAGIC to settle the cost directly with the service centre.
Reimbursement: Customer visits the authorized service center and gets the equipment repaired/replaced.
BAGIC to settle the cost directly with the customer.
CLAIM SETTLEMENT DOCUMENTS (REIMBURSEMENT)
- Extended Warranty Policy Document
- Manufacturer’s Warranty Card
- Appliance Repair History (if any )
- Estimate Copy
- Photograph of appliance with identification or serial number and failure part (if any)
- Invoice Copy
- Intimation Copy (to be arranged by Bajaj Allianz)
- Job Card Copy
- Survey Report
- NEFT Mandate Form and Cancelled Cheque (required for electronic fund transfer)
- Customer Satisfaction Voucher
The following words or terms shall have the meaning ascribed to them wherever they appear in this Policy, and references to the singular or to the masculine shall include references to the plural and to the female wherever the context so permits:
- Breakdown means the mechanical and/or electrical failure of a physical object that causes it to not function in its intended manner.
- Deductible means the amount which shall be borne by the Insured in respect of each and every claim made under this Policy. The Company’s liability to make any payment under the Policy is in excess of the Deductible.
- Insured means the person or organization named in the Schedule.
- Insured Asset means a physical object which is the subject matter of insurance under this Policy and appears specifically on the Schedule.
- Policy means the proposal, the Schedule, the policy document and any endorsements attaching to or forming part thereof either on the effective date or during the Policy Period.
- Policy Period means the period commencing from effective date and hour as shown in the Schedule and terminating at midnight on the expiry date as shown in the Schedule.
- Effective Date shall be the date immediately after the date on which the Manufacturers Warranty Period of the Insured Asset has expired.
- Manufacturers Warranty Period means the months for which the Manufacturers Warranty for the insured Asset shall be effective.
- Sum Insured means the amount stated in the Schedule, which is the maximum amount (regardless of the number of amount of claims made) for any one claim and in the aggregate for all claims for which the Company will make payment in relation to the Insured Asset to which the Sum Insured relates during the Policy Period.
The Company is not liable for and no indemnity will be provided in respect of any loss arising out of, caused by, occasioned by, attributable to or howsoever connected to:
- Any claim falling beyond the expiry date as shown in the schedule.
For Partial Loss Claims: As applicable and mentioned in the Schedule.
For Total Loss Claims: No deductible is applicable.
- Loss or damage arising out of the Insured Asset not being used in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Loss or damage for which the manufacturer of the Insured Asset is responsible under a guarantee and/or warranty.
- Loss or damage arising out of improper use of the Insured Asset
- Loss or damage arising out of modification or alteration of any nature made in the electrical circuitry and/or physical construction of the Insured Asset.
- Where repair work is carried out by persons/agency that are not authorized by the Company
- Inconsequential aspects such as noises, vibrations, oil seepage and sensations that do not lead to dismal performance of the Insured Asset.
- Loss or damage to accessories used in connection with the Insured Asset that were not supplied at the time of purchase of the Insured Asset by the Insured.
- Replacement of any consumable item of the Insured Asset, including but not limited to batteries, bulbs, plugs, cables, ribbons, belts, tapes, fuses, filters, toner or software.
- Defects or faults that were not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Loss or damage due to or consequent upon wear and tear and/or gradual deterioration of the Insured Asset.
- Loss or damage arising out of improper or abnormal electrical/gas/water supply or signal connection to the Insured Asset.
- The cost of transporting the Insured Asset to and/or from the place of repair.
- Loss or damage caused by or arising out of the willful acts or willful gross negligence or fraudulent acts of the Insured and/or Insured’s family and/or Insured’s employees.
- Insured’s consequential losses of any kind and/or legal liability of any kind.
- Failure of parts which are subject to recall by manufacturer of the Insured Asset.
- The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring computer software.
- Any cost incurred with maintenance of the Insured Asset, including parts replaced in course of such maintenance operations.
- Loss or damage due to corrosion, rust, denting, scratching, blockages or dust.
- Where the original serial number is removed, obliterated or altered from Insured Asset.
- Loss or damage arising out of improper storage or transportation of the Insured Asset.
- The cost of installing any optional attachment to the Insured Asset.
- Loss or damage due to use of non-genuine parts and/or non-genuine oils.
- Where there is a change of ownership of the Insured Asset.
- Mechanical and/or electrical breakdown caused by overloading, strain, overrunning, freezing, excessive pressure, short-circuiting, heating of the Insured Asset.
- Service calls which do not involve malfunction or defects in workmanship or material.
- Damages caused by services performed by service personnel of the non-authorized workshops.
- Where the Insured Asset is subject to commercial, rental or profit generation purposes.
- Loss or damage arising out of any external cause, including but not limited to fire, theft, explosion, water damage, acts of God, riots/strike/malicious damage, - act of terrorism, corrosion, rust, denting, scratching, animal/insect damage, entry of foreign bodies etc.
- Any circumstance, fact or matter of which the Insured was or ought reasonably to have been aware prior to the commencement of the Policy Period.
- Ionising, radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste or from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- The radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public local authority.
- Any loss or damage that arises when the Policy is not in force due to any reason whatsoever.
- The Sum Insured in respect of each Insured Asset must equal the original purchase price of the Insured Asset.
- Due Observance:The due observance of and compliance with the terms, provisions, warranties and conditions of this Policy insofar as they relate to anything to be done or complied with by the Insured shall be a condition precedent to any liability of the Company under this Policy.
- Reasonable Care The Insured shall:
take all reasonable steps to safeguard the Insured Asset against any insured event
take all reasonable steps to prevent a claim from arising under this Policy
Duties and Obligations after Occurrence of an Insured Event
Save as more specifically provided for elsewhere in the Policy, it is a condition precedent to the Company’s liability under this Policy that, upon the happening of any event giving rise to or likely to give rise to a claim under this Policy:
- the Insured shall immediately and in any event within 14 days give written notice of the same to the address shown in the Schedule for this purpose, and in case of notification of an event likely to give rise to a claim to specify the grounds for such belief, and
- the Insured shall not abandon the Insured Asset, nor take any steps to rectify/remedy the damage before the same has been approved by the Company or any of its representatives and appointees, and
- the Insured shall within 28 days deliver to the Company its completed claim form detailing the loss or damage that has occurred and an estimate of the quantum of any claim along with all documentation required to support and substantiate the amount sought from the Company, and
- the Insured shall expeditiously provide the Company and its representatives and appointees with all the information, assistance, records and documentation that they might reasonably require, and
- the Insured shall allow the Company and its representatives and appointees to inspect the Insured Asset or any other material items, as per ‘the Right to Inspect’ Clause.
Right to Inspect
If required by the Company, its representatives and appointees, including a loss assessor or a surveyor appointed in that behalf, shall in case of any loss or any circumstances that have given rise to a claim under the Policy be permitted at all reasonable times to examine into the circumstances of such loss. The Insured shall, on being required so to do by the Company, produce all books of accounts, receipts, documents relating to or containing entries relating to the loss or such circumstance in his possession and furnish copies of or extracts from them as may be required by the Company so far as they relate to such claims or will in any way assist the Company to ascertain in the correctness thereof or the liability of the Company under the Policy.
If, at the time of any claim, there is, or but for the existence of this Policy, would be any other policy of indemnity or insurance in favour of or effected by or on behalf of the Insured applicable to such claim, then the Company shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its rateable proportion of any loss or damage.
The Insured and any claimant under this Policy shall at the expense of the Company do or concur in doing or permit to be done all such acts and things that may be necessary or reasonably required by the Company for the purpose of enforcing any civil or criminal rights and remedies or obtaining relief or indemnity from other parties to which the Company shall be or would become entitled or subrogated upon the Company paying for or making good any loss or damage under this Policy whether such acts and things shall be or become necessary or required before or after the Insured’s indemnification by the Company.
If the Insured or any claimant under this Policy shall make or advance any claim knowing the same to be false or fraudulent as regards amount or otherwise, this Policy shall be void and all claims or payments hereunder shall be forfeited.
- This Policy may be cancelled by or on behalf of the Company by giving the Insured at least 15 days written notice and in such event the Company shall refund to the Insured a pro-rata premium for the unexpired Policy Period. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company shall remain liable for any claim that was made prior to the date upon which this insurance is cancelled.
- This Policy may be cancelled by the Insured at any time by giving at least 15 days written notice to the Company. If the Policy is cancelled prior to commencement of the Policy Period, the Company will refund 100% of the premium to the Insured, subject to a retention of Rs. 75 towards administrative costs. If, however, the Policy is cancelled after the commencement of the Policy Period, the Company will refund premium on a pro-rata basis by reference to the time cover is provided, subject to a minimum retention of premium of 25%. No refund of premium shall be due on cancellation if a claim has been made under this Policy.
- If any dispute or difference shall arise as to the quantum to be paid under this Policy (liability being otherwise admitted), such difference shall independently of all other question be referred to the decision of a sole arbitrator to be appointed in writing by the parties to or if they cannot agree upon a single arbitrator within 30 days of any party invoking arbitration, the same shall be referred to a panel of three arbitrators, comprising of two arbitrators one to be appointed by each of the parties to the dispute/ difference and the third arbitrator to be appointed by such two arbitrators and arbitration shall be conducted under and in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The law of the arbitration will be Indian law, and the seat of arbitration and venue for all hearings shall be within India.
- It is clearly agreed and understood that no difference or dispute shall be referable to arbitration as herein before provided if the Company has disputed or not accepted liability under or in respect of this Policy.
- It is hereby expressly stipulated and declared that it shall be a condition precedent to any right of action or suit upon this Policy that the award by such arbitrator/ arbitrators of the amount of the loss or damage shall be first obtained.
- It is also hereby further expressly agreed and declared that if the Company shall disclaim liability to the Insured for any claim hereunder and such claim shall not, within 12 calendar months from the date of such disclaimer have been made the subject matter of a suit in a court of law, then the claim shall for all purposes be deemed to have been abandoned and shall not thereafter be recoverable hereunder.
- In the event that these arbitration provisions shall be held to be invalid then all such disputes or differences shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian Courts
- Any and all notices and declarations for the attention of the Company shall be submitted in writing and shall be delivered to the address specified in the Schedule
- Any and all notices and declarations for the attention of the Insured shall be posted to the Insured’s address stated in the Schedule
The construction, interpretation and meaning of the provisions of this Policy shall be determined in accordance with Indian law. The section headings of this Policy are included for descriptive purposes only and do not form part of this Policy for the purpose of its construction or interpretation.
This Policy constitutes the complete contract of insurance. No change or alteration in this Policy shall be valid or effective unless approved in writing by the Company, which approval shall be evidenced by an endorsement on the Policy.
This Policy covers insured events arising during the Policy Period within India. The Company’s liability to make any payment shall be to make payment within India and in Indian Rupees only.
The Company shall not be bound any renewal premium nor give notice that such is due. Every renewal premium (which shall be paid and accepted in respect of this Policy) shall be so paid and accepted upon the distinct understanding that no alteration has taken place in the facts contained in the proposal or declaration herein before mentioned and that nothing is known to the Insured that may result in enhancement of the risk of the Company under this Policy. No renewal receipt shall be valid unless it is on the printed form of the Company and signed by an authorized official of the Company.
We do our best to ensure that our customers are delighted with the service they receive from Bajaj Allianz. If you are dissatisfied we would like to inform you that we have a procedure for resolving issues, as mentioned herein below. Please include your policy number in any communication. This will help us deal with the issue more efficiently. If you don’t have it, please call your Branch office.
First Step: Initially, we suggest you contact the Branch Manager / Regional Manager of the local office which has issued the policy. The address and telephone number will be available in the policy.
Second Step: Naturally, we hope the issue can be resolved to your satisfaction at the earlier stage itself. But if you feel dissatisfied with the suggested resolution of the issue after contacting the local office, please e-mail or write to:
Customer Care Cell
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd
GE Plaza, Airport Road, Yerawada, Pune 411 006