Asus AC1900 RT AC68U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router (Black)
- Broadcom TurboQAM technology increases wireless-N data rate to 600 Mbps for 33% faster performance
- Five gigabit ethernet ports for fast, stable wired network connections
- Dual USB ports with USB 3.0 for ten times faster data transfer than USB 2.0
- Dual-core processor for fast and responsive performance with Wi-Fi, ethernet and USB devices
- 3 years manufacturer warranty from date of purchase
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Get Brand Support for any query/issue
Get support from the brand over phone & email
Customer support Web link http:https://www.asus.com/in/support/
Service Time- 9:00AM to 6:00PM, Monday to Saturday.
* Open Hour for WL/NW: Mon~Sun 09:00-21:00Call On Toll Free 1800-2090365
Check out the Router buying guidehere
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Asus RT-AC68U is the world's fastest Wi-Fi router, with combined dual-band data rates of up to 1900 Mbps. 1300 Mbps 802.11ac at 5 GHz gives Gigabit wireless data rates, while BroadcomÂ TurboQAMTM technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 450 Mbps to 600 Mbps with compatible devices. Powered by a dual-core processor, the RT-AC68U eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers with busy networks. So even on the busiest home networks, HD video streaming is always smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are never interrupted. The RT-AC68U also features dual USB ports for file, printers and 3G/4G modems sharing and a USB 3.0 port for up to ten times faster data transfers than USB 2.0. ExclusiveAsus AiCloud transforms your home networking into your personal cloud for easy streaming and sharing to smartphones, PCs, and tablets. Router-to-Router sync also makes it simple to sync files on USB-connected storage with other compatible Asus routers for hassle-free sharing of large files with family and friends.
Compare to similar items
This item Asus AC1900 RT AC68U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router (Black)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Cloudtail India||Leo Electronica||Sprinfo||ExBorders||NTPLtd|
|Data Transfer Rate||1,900 Mb per second||3,200 MB per second||300||1,300||450||1,900 MB per second|
|Item Weight||0.64 kg||1.1 kg||0.52 kg||1.54 kg||0.82 kg||0.9 kg|
|Model Number||RT-AC68U||R8000-100NAS||Archer C7||RT-AC66U||RT-N66U||Archer C9|
|Wireless Comm Standard||5.8 GHz Radio Frequency; 802.11 A/C; 802.11 a/b/g/n||802.11 A/C||802.11A||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac||802.11A; 802.11B; 802.11n; 802.11G||802.11A; 802.11B; 802.11n; 802.11G|
From the manufacturer
Experience wireless performance that rivals a wired Gigabit connection, with combined dual-band data rates up to 1900 Mbps, 1300 Mbps on 802.11ac and a boosted 600 Mbps on 802.11n thanks to Broadcom TurboQAM technology. Powered by a dual-core processor, eliminate performance drops that plague other routers with busy networks for smooth 4K video streaming, low latency online gaming, and ultra-fast downloading at one time. ASUS-exclusive AiProtection by Trend Micro keeps your digital playground safe and sound. Dual USB ports let you share files, network a printer, and connect to a 3G/4G modem.
At a Glance
- Dual-band data rates up to 1900 Mbps
- 4 x Gigabit LAN ports, USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports
- ASUSWRT graphical user interface for 30-second setup
- AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage vulnerability protection
Highest Customer Satisfaction with Wireless Routers in the U.S.
ASUS achieved the highest scores* in 6 study factors: Reliability, Wi-Fi range, Security, Capabilities, Speed of upload/download file, Restore connection easily, and Variety of features.
*ASUS received the highest numerical score among wireless routers in the J.D. Power 2015 Wireless Router Satisfaction Report, based on 2,716 responses from 8 companies measuring satisfaction with wireless routers surveyed November-December 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit the JD Power website.
Features and Benefits
802.11AC Wi-Fi with TurboQAM Wi-Fi acceleration
The ASUS RT-AC68U features dual-band data rates of up to 1900 Mbps: 1300 Mbps 802.11ac at 5 GHz gives Gigabit-speed wireless data rates, while Broadcom TurboQAM technology super-charges 2.4 GHz 802.11n performance from 450 Mbps to 600 Mbps with compatible devices.
Do more at once with a dual-core CPU inside
RT-AC68U features a dual-core processor that eliminates the performance drops that plague other routers. So even on the busiest home networks, 4K video streaming is always smooth, the latency low for online gaming and VoIP calls, and file downloads are never interrupted.
Enhanced signal range and stability
ASUS AiRadar with exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using 802.11ac beamforming technology for high power amplification. This ensures extended coverage, dynamic data speed increases, and enhanced stability.
AiProtection Powered by Trend Micro
Just as wireless technology has evolved, online threats have similarly evolved. AiProtection provides multi-stage protection against these threats. From vulnerability protection and malicious site blocking to preventing already-infected devices from transmitting personal data, AiProtection keeps your digital playground safe and sound.
ASUSWRT User Interface
The RT-AC68U features the enhanced, intuitive ASUSWRT user interface, which gives you easy access to both the 3-step web-based installation process and a wealth of robust advanced options.
What's in the Box?
- RT-AC68U Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Gigabit Router.
- RJ-45 Ethernet cable.
- Power adapter.
- Quick start guide.
- Support CD (user manual and utility).
- Wireless Type: 802.11ac/b/g/n
- Wireless Speed: Up to 1900 mbps
- Wireless Frequency: Dual-band (5GHz @ 802.11ac & 2.4 GHz @ 802.11n)
- Wired Connectivity: 5 x LAN, 1x WAN gigabit Ethernet port
- USB Ports: 1x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0
- Warranty: 2 Years
Top customer reviews
The router looks premium and has solid design.
1. Media Server and HDD sharing : You can connect USB3.0 compatible devices to this router and it can be accessed from Smart Tv (DLNA), network drive(samba server) , FTP directory (filezilla etc.).
Asus also provides AiCloud app so you can access from anywhere.
2. OPENVPN: It has support for openvpn out of the box and pretty easy to configure. You can access your LAN from anywhere using this and using TAP (currently not supported on android or via paid app) it works as if you are physically present at LAN location. For example Samsung SmartView App can work and you can stream TV anywhere on your mobile/PC.
3. Security Apps: Router has TREND security applications and useful if security is prime concern for you.
4. Router has feature that will let you know the connected device network uses.
5. SSH login: it does support for it and can be used for writing custom cron jobs such as and not limited to rebooting router based on some events.
6. USB Modem support: At present I am using MTS ultra dongle for internet and observed better browsing and downloading speed as router support MIMO
7. Future secure as it support AC 5Ghz band (currently not in use in my case).
8. It has tons of other features such as IPv6 support, inbuilt firewall etc.
In short its the best router if you can afford.
Since I have installed the router, I have had ZERO issues with connectivity. Compared to my previous N router, the signal strength is moderately better and seems to have higher transfer speeds and better stability even with low signal strength.
The router interface itself is faster. I have used an ASUS RT-N56U previously which would not be to handle all that it promised, probably because of a weak processor. This one however, manages being a router AND a media server AND a download manager without a glitch. HD videos stored on a USB 2.0 HDD connected to the router, play without any hiccups on all devices on my network.
The Download Master utility, though a mildly painful to use, is ultimately useful, letting you download files (not just torrents) straight to the connected USB drive. This lets you turn off your computer, letting your router complete this rather mundane task.
If you have the money to spend, I would recommend this router in a heartbeat. Bear in mind though, to use some of the features, you may have to delve into the interface try fooling around with the settings. This does require you to be somewhat comfortable with setting up such devices.
Basic configuration though, was a breeze. Just plug it in, and turn it on and let the wizard guide you.
Is this router for you? If you're looking for a basic router, that converts your cable line to wireless, this is not for you. If you are looking at connecting wireless AC devices, and perhaps setting up a media server to stream videos, you probably won't find a better router.
otherise it works great. local transfer speed over wifi like pc to pc and pc to phone etc is great.
the usb 3.0 port can be used for sharing a hardrive/pendrive seamlessly.
it also supports dongles which can be plugged in the usb2.0 port and make the 3g connection home wide.
Supports popular custom firmwares like dd-wrt and tomatoe and asus-merlin(they provide even extra features)
1. Fantastic Range. 2. DLNA support 3. Torrent downloader 4. Guest network 5. That awesome firmware and UI
The only Con: Have to restart the router once a week because it hangs. Doesn't respond. Probably I'm running way too many things on it. Will try disabling some unnecessary stuff and update the review.
The range is astonishingly poor for a device with 3 huge antennas
I hardly get 2 bars when i am in the adjacent room.
Even my 5yr old netgear wnr 2200 which has no antennas performs better than this
Also its internet detection logic is messed up.It says connected to internet even though its not working.
I have to sometimes run the whole connection setup 2-3 times to get it working.
My internet provider is local Cable and they have enforced mac binding.
This router has the ability to connect internet with specified Mac but never works 100%
my old netgear router has no issues with this.
I returned it after a few days and really appreciate Amazon for refunding the money the next day itself.
For now i am still using the old router.
Will only buy Netgear in the future
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Software updates are available periodically by asus, but you have to log in to the router or use the...Read more