- Get additional cashback of Rs.250*. List 5 or more Used Items for sale on Amazon Local Finds within 7 days of this purchase. Offer available only to customers in the cities of Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai. Post Free Ad.
Apple MacBook MF865HN/A 12-inch Retina Display Laptop (Intel Core M/8GB/512GB/OS X El Capitan/ Intel HD Graphics 5300), Silver
This item is currently not in stock.
- 1.2 GHz with Turbo Boost upto 2.4 GHz
- 1.2GHz dual-core Intel Core m5 Processor
- 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage
- 12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology (2304*1440)
- OS X El Capitan Operating System
- Intel HD Graphics 5300
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
512GB PCIe-based onboard flash storage1 1.2GHz dual-core Intel Core M processor Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz 8GB memory Intel HD Graphics 5300
Compare to similar items
This item Apple MacBook MF865HN/A 12-inch Retina Display Laptop (Intel Core M/8GB/512GB/OS X El Capitan/ Intel HD Graphics 5300), Silver
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Cloudtail India||Cloudtail India||FIRST ENTERPRISES||I-DIVINE||Cloudtail India|
|Computer Memory Size||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Model||Intel Core M-5Y10 Processor||Core i5||Core i5||Core i5||core_m||Core i5|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor (CPU) Speed||1.2 GHz||1.6 GHz||1.6 GHz||2.7 GHz||1.1 GHz||2.9 GHz|
|Display Size||12 inches||13.3 inches||13 inches||13 inches||12 inches||13 inches|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics 5300||Intel HD 6000||Intel HD Graphics 6000||Intel Integrated Graphics||Intel HD 515||Intel Iris 550|
|Hard disk Description||Solid State Drive||DDR3||Solid State||Solid State Drive||Solid State||Solid State|
|Hard Disk Size||512 GB||128 GB||256 GB||128 GB||256 GB||256 GB|
|Item Weight||0.92 kg||1.35 kg||1.35 kg||1.6 kg||0.92 kg||1.37 kg|
|Operating System||OS X El Capitan||Mac OS X||OS X El Capitan||Mac OS||OS X El Capitan||Mac OS|
From the manufacturer
Apple MacBook MF855HN/A 12-inch Retina Display Laptop (Intel Core M/8GB/256GB/OS X Yosemite/Intel HD
With the new MacBook, we set out to do the impossible: engineer a full-size experience into the lightest and most compact Mac notebook ever. That meant reimagining every element to make it not only lighter and thinner but also better. The result is more than just a new notebook. It’s the future of the notebook.
A Full-Size Keyboard in a Fraction of the Space
We believe that a comfortable, full-size keyboard is essential for a great notebook experience. But to fit one into the elegantly thin new MacBook, we had to completely rethink how a keyboard is engineered and constructed. To create the new keyboard, we redesigned each key and its underlying mechanism — not only making the whole keyboard much thinner, but also allowing for more comfortable, precise and responsive typing that just feels right.
The moment you open the new MacBook, its gorgeous 12-inch Retina display with edge-to-edge glass brings everything into focus. Every photo leaps off the screen in rich, vibrant detail. Over three million pixels render each letter with crystal clarity. And it all comes to light on the thinnest, most energy-efficient Retina display ever on a Mac, meticulously honed to deliver a bold visual experience within an impossibly minimal design.
The Trackpad, Pushed Even Further with Force Touch
With the new MacBook comes a whole new way to experience a trackpad. The Force Touch trackpad is engineered to deliver a responsive, uniform click no matter where you press the surface. And underneath, force sensors detect how much pressure you’re applying and give you new ways to interact with your Mac.
Fully Equipped for a Wireless World
The new MacBook is designed to fit effortlessly into our increasingly wireless world. Just about anything you do with a notebook can now be done over the air, thanks to Apple software that takes full advantage of the latest Wi‑Fi and Bluetooth wireless technology. So no matter where you are, you can connect to the web, transfer files, organise your photos, listen to music and more — without being tied down.
Connect a Charger
The most efficient way to charge a notebook is by connecting a charger to a port. And as long as we were going to include a port for charging the new MacBook, we wanted to make sure it was the most advanced and versatile one available. The new USB-C port puts just about everything you need in a port all in one place. This amazing port provides charging, speedy USB 3 data transfer and video output in a small, reversible design that’s one third the size of the current USB port.
The new MacBook has been engineered from the ground up for silent, efficient performance. It starts with a fifth-generation Intel Core M processor that runs on just 5 watts of power, made even more efficient by optimisations throughout OS X Yosemite. Together the processor and OS X sip so little energy that the system generates very little heat, so no fan is required to cool the computer. That means when your MacBook is working, you won’t hear a thing. And the logic board on which the processor sits has been completely redesigned to pack all the capability you expect in a Mac into as little space as possible.
OS X is the operating system that powers every Mac. Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation, it’s engineered to take full advantage of what the hardware is capable of. It’s designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at. It comes with an amazing collection of apps you’ll use - and love - every day. And it enables your Mac and iOS devices to work wonderfully together.
All-Day Battery Life. All-New Design
We know people rely on Apple notebooks for all-day battery life, regardless of how compact they are. And with the slim new MacBook enclosure, all-day battery life simply would not be achievable using traditional rectangular batteries. So we developed our own unique battery technology specifically designed to make use of every last millimetre of available space. The result is a terraced, contoured battery design that not only fits perfectly inside the incredibly slim MacBook, but also is unlike anything seen before in a notebook.
Every Mac comes with apps for creativity and apps for productivity. It also comes with a collection of great apps for things you do every day, like surﬁng the web, sending mail and messages, and organising your calendar. It even comes with an app for finding new apps. Your Mac is more than fully featured, it’s fully loaded.
Top customer reviews
Moving on, now that I've said my piece, I will talk about the new Macbook 12. Of course the design is fabulous, the screen is mecca, the sound is excellent, so excellent you'll think a macbook has never sounded better and for most of it, buddy you're right. The battery is 10 hours and that's gold I think. The keyboard is lovely, I don't know why they are complaining. The USB C port can easily be expanded with a Rs 900 hub. Don't follow? I purchased a 900 accessory from Amazon India and now I can simply connect 4USB Drives and they all work at optimum speed. I am struggling to find things I dislike because Apple has really gone all guns blazing with this machine. You put this on your lap, its good. You put this on a table, it is par excellence. You put this on your stomach while lying down and it won't even heat. Deciding between this and the Macbook Pro Retina? Read on...
If you are in the market for a value for money Macbook, you should only consider the Macbook Air 13 because that is where all the value for money lies. It is worth paying the price because it has the best battery, arguably the best keyboard, the best brightness (for brightness junkies) but it lacks Retina. Otherwise its excellent and perfect value.
If you are in the market to decide between the Macbook 12 and the Macbook Pro Retina, things are interesting... Let me compare why one is better than the other...
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE MBP RETINA OVER MACBOOK?
1) Rugged Use. Bigger screen.
2) Extra USB ports always available at your disposal
3) I use the HDMI port on the Retina Macbook Pro all the time
4) Feels like more of a bang for your buck just by looking at it. You can get one for 85k and even 79k on the days amazon is feeling generous.
5) 60% of people are likely to like the Apple Macbook Pro Retina's keyboard more
6) That's a powerhouse i5 5th gen and this is an Intel Atom 1.1 GHZ (sounds like a celeron equal) but then I'm only a media user.
7) Both MacBooks have cameras and both are terrible. The one on the MBP is marginally better.
8) The APPLE logo only lights up on the MBP (some may care so Im mentioning)
9) No need to invest into USB C. You can charge and use your hard drive simultaneously. But in Macbook you have to wait buddy.
10) If you're interested in investing in Windows, then MBP is a better option for performance slump won't be noticeable.
11) Sometimes this lasts me 1 to 2 hours extra as opposed to the new macbook.
Why you should buy a Macbook instead of the MBP Retina or MBA?
1) The sound is overwhelmingly good. I mean the bass is consistent and it destroys the tinny sound of the other MacBooks. I love this feature. Mind you it is not as loud as the MBP or Air.
2) Though this is more expensive because at this this time of writing this review it costs 91k and the MBP R costs 86k, the difference is that this has a 256GB SSD. I highly recommend a 256GB SSD because both my Macbook Pro Retina and the Macbook have this. My macbook Air with 128GB SSD got full long back.
3) The keyboard is one to love. It is from the future.
4) The form factor is one to love. It is from the future also.
5) I am more likely to use my Macbook than the MBP Retina simply because it is easier to access, it is more portable and it is so perfect all the time, with no system lag, this is just brilliant i think.
6) Both displays are brilliant. Apple destroys everyone else with its perfect Retina display. The Macbook Air can't even touch this.
7) Minimum of 8 hours on a single charge.
8) You can't get the Macbook Pro in any colour other than the big brother silver. The MacBooks are in gold, silver and space grey. I don't know about you but I wouldn't buy a Gold macbook but that's just me. Its too bling and out there. AND this year when they update the Macbook, the old gold will look gawdy, mark my words.
If I was in your shoes and looking for a MBP or a Macbook, I'd have a tough time. I hope the points I enlisted help. Unless you're doing video editing, or highly processor intensive apps all the time, don't buy the MACBOOK PRO. If you're in for the sleek, sexy and fantastic, go with the Macbook.
RESALE VALUE -
All three units have excellent Resale values...
If you use it for 2 years, at the end of 2 years, you can still resell for about 65% of the money you paid. So keep those boxes, keep those bills handy. Do not throw away anything. Whether you buy from INDIA or Australia or UK or USA or Nairobi, the warranty is active everywhere in the world.
Battery life? All MacBooks last about 8 hours at least. So you should be very happy in buying them. Please don't keep your laptop plugged in all the time. Let it discharge after 100%.
Apple Care? I suggest you invest in 3 years if you intend on keeping the macbook for that long. Unless you're a constant upgrader like me, you should invest 14000 extra and get that 3 year warranty.
Have I used it? My Macbook Pro Retina's screen stopped coming on. I tried everything and finally took it to the service centre and they fixed it for free in one day. But this is all under warranty.
How long will it take for them to replace battery? 1000 cycles or if its capacity goes below 80%. The warranty is covered in Apple Care. Its worth changing your battery after 18 months, buddy.
Gifting your friend? Child? Mother? Buy the Macbook Air or this one.
Please like my review if it is helpful.
Please dislike my review if it was unhelpful. I promise to improve on the next one.
Deviation in specs
1. Processor model not mentioned appropriately e.g. M3/m5
2. Apple is offering Intel HD Graphics 515 where as the description here says Intel HD 5500
3. OS Version El Capitan is being offered by Apple out of the box but here it says Yosimiti.
If the product is being sold on a reconfigured basis then it should be told not as per manufacturer.